Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Krul has been s**** for at least 3 seasons, if we get anywhere near £8m for him i'll be delighted. Darlow and Elliot will do us fine for now.

That's absolute garbage he single handedly repelled teams at times with that indisciplined mob in front of him. In fact one game at Spurs it was Krul versus them with at least 5 fantastic saves and several more good ones. He is a world class keeper while Elliot is not.

Yep, that spuds game is probably his last decent one for us. He has let in some absolute Grobelaar howlers since then.

'World Class' you are having a laugh!

Krul and Wijnaldum fucking off the somewhere else for a certain amount of money won't cause me a single second of missed sleep. Don't think there's a single player at the club who you'd class as "irreplaceable".

Krul and Wijnaldum f***ing off the somewhere else for a certain amount of money won't cause me a single second of missed sleep. Don't think there's a single player at the club who you'd class as "irreplaceable".

this

I think Krul is actually one of the few players I'd want to keep, he's been at the club for nearly 10 years and and doesn't seen like an absolute tosser, unlike most of our long term players. On his day he's also class, and someone like Rafa and his coaching staff should hopefully get the best out of him. He's also 10x better then the other two goalkeeping options.

I like Krul like. Just actually gets it. Think he's suffered in his commanding of his area due to injuries but if he regains that confidence and improves on his kicking he'll be up their with some of the best in England again

Couldn't give a f*** about either as long as we're getting decent money.

Still p*ssed off we sold Given for £5.7m or whatever it was.

Yep, we didn't get enough for Cabaye either.

For a man supposedly obsessed with the bottom line,  Ashley gets this sort of thing hopelessly wrong

The reason we didn't get enough for Cabaye was because Kinnear cocked the deal up - one of the (many) reasons that lead to him losing his job very quickly afterwards.

I can imagine Krul wanting to stay but with 3 decent standard goalkeepers for the Championship and one very promising youngster, one at least is going to have to moved on.  And of the 3, he will be on by far the greatest wage.

Couldn't give a f*** about either as long as we're getting decent money.

Still p*ssed off we sold Given for £5.7m or whatever it was.

Yep, we didn't get enough for Cabaye either.

For a man supposedly obsessed with the bottom line,  Ashley gets this sort of thing hopelessly wrong

The reason we didn't get enough for Cabaye was because Kinnear cocked the deal up - one of the (many) reasons that lead to him losing his job very quickly afterwards.

We got more than enough for Cabaye. Honestly surprised we are arguing the toss over this when on the same page someone is saying he'd be happy for £8m for the pair of Wijnaldum and Krul. You get some right glue sniffers on here at times.

Krul and Wijnaldum fucking off the somewhere else for a certain amount of money won't cause me a single second of missed sleep. Don't think there's a single player at the club who you'd class as "irreplaceable".

I'd be very sad to lose Townsend, he'd tear the Championship apart. Lascelles, Mitro, Dummett and Perez I hope we keep, but won't be that sad to see either leave. The rest can fuck off.

I'd be very sad to lose Townsend, he'd tear the Championship apart. Lascelles, Mitro, Dummett and Perez I hope we keep, but won't be that sad to see either leave. The rest can fuck off.

Yeah there are players I'd rather keep than sell on but honestly I'm not overly bothered about any of them. The squad needed to be gutted irrespective of the division we found ourselves in. Complete overhaul needed.

Yeah there are players I'd rather keep than sell on but honestly I'm not overly bothered about any of them. The squad needed to be gutted irrespective of the division we found ourselves in. Complete overhaul needed.

Agree with that :thup:

I really do hope that we keep Mbemba.

Me too, him & Lascelles could be the partnership we have craved for decades, not had a pair of central defenders that young and promising for as long as I can remember, always been an issue at our club defending. These pair now have a chance to build something amazing in the championship.

Krul and Wijnaldum f***ing off the somewhere else for a certain amount of money won't cause me a single second of missed sleep. Don't think there's a single player at the club who you'd class as "irreplaceable".

I'd be very sad to lose Townsend, he'd tear the Championship apart. Lascelles, Mitro, Dummett and Perez I hope we keep, but won't be that sad to see either leave. The rest can f*** off.

Towards the end of the season Lascalles not only played well but became vocal, on and off the pitch, showing signs of becoming a leader. I'd like to keep him for that, we need a spine, we need leaders. We've had none for years.

I'd be very sad to lose Townsend, he'd tear the Championship apart. Lascelles, Mitro, Dummett and Perez I hope we keep, but won't be that sad to see either leave. The rest can f*** off.

Towards the end of the season Lascalles not only played well but became vocal, on and off the pitch, showing signs of becoming a leader. I'd like to keep him for that, we need a spine, we need leaders. We've had none for years.

Agree totally, I'd prefer Lascelles to stay and a few others too but I'd still argue none of them are irreplaceable. :thup:

I don't agree. We don't need an overhaul, the current squad would easily walk back into the premier first time of asking. But then I don't mind losing anybody for the right price because no one in that squad is irreplaceable. The key being the right price. Just because you don't like a player personally doesn't mean he doesn't have value. Unless they're Steven Taylor on 40k a week.