Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Reina has been linked to Barcelona hasn't he? Definitely not good enough.

Not the area I would strengthen first but if krul is off he would be a great replacement.

would love Redmond. Have wanted him for a few years. Pretty sure he is premier League bound though.

Reina has been linked to Barcelona hasn't he? Definitely not good enough.

Not the area I would strengthen first but if krul is off he would be a great replacement.

would love Redmond. Have wanted him for a few years. Pretty sure he is premier League bound though.

Redmond and Townsend on the wings would be wanktastic tbh.

BBC Podcast had Rafa linked to Agger and Raina, both easy assumptions but not that unlikely. Raina might not be the best goalkeeper in the world but his passing out from the back is as good as anyone's.

You do know he's just helped Napoli finish second in Serie A, yeah?

Frequent sniffer of UHU.

Just hope we have enough quality and numbers in the squad. 46 games is gruelling and injuries and suspension will happen. The backup must be atleast the same quality as who plays.

If we are planning on playing the same style we have under Rafa in the Championship there's absolutely nothing about Thauvin or Cabella that would fit with that.

If we are planning on playing the same style we have under Rafa in the Championship there's absolutely nothing about Thauvin or Cabella that would fit with that.

Technically they are wide players so in theory they should be able to do what Aarons did against Spurs, which is murder teams on the counter. From what I've seen though, they don't really offer as much pace or threat as Aarons. Cabella pisses about on the ball too much, and Thauvin prefers strolling to sprinting. Of the two Thauvin looks like he might have some potential end product if he can be a bit more aggressive.

Forgot we still technically have Cabella and Thauvin, christ almighty.

Thought Cabella's clause was activated by Marseille, no?

Aye, but they need a Wonga loan to go through with it.

:lol: "Olympique de Marseille enter administration after defaulting on predatory pay-day loan"

We don't need a new goalkeeper unless we get rid of two. Both Elliot and Darlow have shown that they are capable of stepping up to the plate, then we have Woodman as back up to those two.

Elliott and Darlow are more than good enough for the championship. If anything it will be a job to keep Darlow happy if he goes on the bench behind Krul. Elliott no one really cares about, he'll probably be happy to be here. Maybe Pardew will come in for him.

We don't need a new goalkeeper unless we get rid of two. Both Elliot and Darlow have shown that they are capable of stepping up to the plate, then we have Woodman as back up to those two.

I expect Krul to leave, and if so Reina would make huge sense. Darlow and Elliot looked alright I guess, but I'd still want Krul or someone with Reinas experience to help us get promoted directly.

But don't see why Reina would leave Napoli for us instead of Barcelona unless playing time means a lot to him.

Forgot we still technically have Cabella and Thauvin, christ almighty.

Thought Cabella's clause was activated by Marseille, no?

Aye, but they need a Wonga loan to go through with it.

:lol: "Olympique de Marseille enter administration after defaulting on predatory pay-day loan"

Spaceman, Deuce :lol: :thup: hilarious

Regarding GK - would love for us to have Darlow and Krul compete for the #1 shirt, but eventually would like for us to bring in a top class GK if/when we return to the PL

Guest reefatoon

I wonder if he will bring in a bit of a statement signing as his first, like an older/experienced head.

I expect Krul to leave, and if so Reina would make huge sense. Darlow and Elliot looked alright I guess, but I'd still want Krul or someone with Reinas experience to help us get promoted directly.

But don't see why Reina would leave Napoli for us instead of Barcelona unless playing time means a lot to him.

I don't, i expect Sissoko, Wijnaldum and Janmaat to leave but not Krul.