Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Howaythetoon

Still think we will end up with Michael Carrick. I'll be happy with that btw.

He was awful in the Cup final and has been whenever I've seen him play this season, but in the Championship he may do a good job. I'd prefer more energy in central midfield myself which we lack.

Forgot we still technically have Cabella and Thauvin, christ almighty.

Thought Cabella's clause was activated by Marseille, no?

Aye, but they need a Wonga loan to go through with it.

:lol: "Olympique de Marseille enter administration after defaulting on predatory pay-day loan"

:lol:

Now that's an 'ace' post.

He was awful in the Cup final and has been whenever I've seen him play this season, but in the Championship he may do a good job. I'd prefer more energy in central midfield myself which we lack.

I thought he had a half decent game in the final.

Guest firetotheworks

Carrick was awful in the Cup Final? :lol: He was good throughout.

Which cup final? Or didn't you watch it?

Just can't see Carrick coming to Newcastle, and especially Championship Newcastle. Surely a big club will give him a 1 or 2 year contract as he's still a decent player. Wouldn't be surprised is Jose keeps him on.

Guest firetotheworks

He kept getting caught in possession and was defensively poor.

I must have missed that happening, the only person I saw doing that was Rooney tbh, Carrick's passing has always been exemplary.

Just can't see Carrick coming to Newcastle, and especially Championship Newcastle. Surely a big club will give him a 1 or 2 year contract as he's still a decent player. Wouldn't be surprised is Jose keeps him on.

Aye, he's old as fuck so Mourinho will love him

Carrick on a two year deal would be good. Could be the Sol Campbell-like experienced head in the squad even if hes not as good any more.

Would have to drop Colback and Shelvey though, on that basis I can't really see us buying him.

We don't need a new goalkeeper unless we get rid of two. Both Elliot and Darlow have shown that they are capable of stepping up to the plate, then we have Woodman as back up to those two.

I expect Krul to leave, and if so Reina would make huge sense. Darlow and Elliot looked alright I guess, but I'd still want Krul or someone with Reinas experience to help us get promoted directly.

But don't see why Reina would leave Napoli for us instead of Barcelona unless playing time means a lot to him.

I don't, i expect Sissoko, Wijnaldum and Janmaat to leave but not Krul.

Expect all of them to leave. + Townsend because he was the only one showing some worth towards the end of the season.

He'll go to Boro but if he doesn't we should go all out for Gaston Ramirez, who's just been released by Southampton

I'd expect him to really struggle in a poor to average PL side; I'd expect him to have a bit of a field day in a good Championship side. If he had a choice between us and 'boro I'd be a bit disappointed if he chose them; he'd achieve nowt but possibly helping them stay up. I could see him being a Rafa type of player.

Is there any evidence that he'd play here besides the fact that he's from the area?

He is relocating his business interests to this area giving the impression that he is planning to move back here at some point.

Guest neesy111

Hughes would be nice, was hoping Derby didn't get promoted just so we had a chance.

His injury record though.  :scared: