Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What did that now deleted tweet say exactly?

Rob Elliot said at a talk in Morpeth that Krul to Palace and Wijnaldum to Liverpool were done deals. The account clearly just wanted some attention

Selling Krul to Palace would be good business, he's been among the worst shot-stoppers in the league for a few years now. He does have a blinder every once in a while but he is not a good keeper. I don't think Elliott's very good either but I don't think we would lose anything with him starting instead of Krul.

But ideally the club would bring in a good keeper.

We've seen from the momnet he broke through that Krul has the natural tools to be a very, very good keeper. Certainly one good enough to more than hold his own in the Premier League.

We've also seen him coached by Freddie Woodman and regress. Lets see if a competent coach can bring him back to the top of his game.

My concern with Krul is keeping him fit. I'm not sure how much a change of coaching team will help here, he's not prone to soft tissue injuries, but more the larger impact type - and a shoulder/knee combo for serious injuries is a bad one for a keeper due to the numerous impacts both take during each and every game.

If there is a genuine view that Woodman jnr is going to make it then I'd have no problem with Krul going and letting Darlow and Woodman fight it out over the summer, with Elliott to return as cover once the season starts. If there is any serious doubt on Woodman then we either need to keep hold of Krul or look to bring someone else in, but I'd prefer to wait to next summer and get a real top drawer keeper in once we get promoted.

Guest neesy111

We've seen from the momnet he broke through that Krul has the natural tools to be a very, very good keeper. Certainly one good enough to more than hold his own in the Premier League.

We've also seen him coached by Freddie Woodman and regress. Lets see if a competent coach can bring him back to the top of his game.

My concern with Krul is keeping him fit. I'm not sure how much a change of coaching team will help here, he's not prone to soft tissue injuries, but more the larger impact type - and a shoulder/knee combo for serious injuries is a bad one for a keeper due to the numerous impacts both take during each and every game.

If there is a genuine view that Woodman jnr is going to make it then I'd have no problem with Krul going and letting Darlow and Woodman fight it out over the summer, with Elliott to return as cover once the season starts. If there is any serious doubt on Woodman then we either need to keep hold of Krul or look to bring someone else in, but I'd prefer to wait to next summer and get a real top drawer keeper in once we get promoted.

Andy Woodman.  Freddie is his son.

Krul can fuck off. If you can't kick by his age, something is seriously not right.

Darlow and Elliot have been equally as competent as Krul, although admittedly Krul is a superior close range shot stopper but he has too man flaws to be a top keeper.

Mind you Joe Hart is supposed to be a top keeper and I think he's fairly average.

There's no way we'll be selling someone like Krul, or anyone else from the first team for that matter before Benitez has had a good look at them. He must have seen Marveaux and Obertan in training before deciding to let them go. Either way, i'll get behind whatever Rafa decides is best.

The new coach Simon Smith has clearly improved Elliot to a degree. Darlow has also looked alright.

Krul was 21 when Woodman joined, he may have just been getting shocking coaching. Thats how long Pardews been here. Everyone should get a do-over from us to see how they do with decent management/coaching if afforded the chance tbh.

The new coach Simon Smith has clearly improved Elliot to a degree. Darlow has also looked alright.

Krul was 21 when Woodman joined, he may have just been getting shocking coaching. Thats how long Pardews been here. Everyone should get a do-over from us to see how they do with decent management/coaching if afforded the chance tbh.

Could not agree more, see also Anita, V. for more info.

Guest chopey

what do you think he's eating?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/05/01/article-2137847-12C2BB42000005DC-433_468x309.jpg

Carvers brain by the look on his face

what do you think he's eating?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/05/01/article-2137847-12C2BB42000005DC-433_468x309.jpg

Carvers brain by the look on his face

Must be a light snack then, couldn't amount to anything else.