Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I don't know about McCormack, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to add an experienced striker to the squad. Our other options - Mitro, Toney, Armstrong, Ayoze - are to varying extents still picking up experience. The exception is Cisse, but I'm not sure he'd be motivated for the struggle ahead, and he certainly doesn't provide the leadership we need.

Ayoze's form seemed to dip once he started getting linked with Spurs, and decided to make it public. He needs to recover his focus.

Mitro and Perez taking over in the prem are you serious! The same pair who couldn't score enough to keep us up...

Carroll (and others) couldn't score enough to keep us up in 2009, but he took the league by storm after 12 months in the 2nd tier. Circumstances can change and players can develop. Mitrovic and Perez weren't up to scoring the goals to keep us up but they have attributes and they're young.

Mitro and Perez taking over in the prem are you serious! The same pair who couldn't score enough to keep us up...

Carroll (and others) couldn't score enough to keep us up in 2009, but he took the league by storm after 12 months in the 2nd tier.

Didn't Carroll get 3 goals from 5 starts in our relegation season?

I'd have Ings in from Liverpool if Klopp wants to get rid, but we don't know the extent to which his injury has affected his pace.

Danny Ings dropping into the Championship after a long injury would be career suicide.

"Hey everyone, just to let you know, that injury has essentially ended my career at the top level."

Carroll (and others) couldn't score enough to keep us up in 2009, but he took the league by storm after 12 months in the 2nd tier. Circumstances can change and players can develop. Mitrovic and Perez weren't up to scoring the goals to keep us up but they have attributes and they're young.

:thup:

Mitro and Perez would destroy the championship.  It would do their confidence the world of good.

Yup. Just like last time, if we keep our younger players and they play every week, their games will come on leaps and bounds down there.

Mitro and Perez would destroy the championship.  It would do their confidence the world of good.

Gonna be interesting seeing where Rafa plays Perez if they both stay.

I like the idea of Perez off Mitro up top but only if we have some serious pace on the wings. Townsend and Aarons would be the obvious choice.

Gonna be interesting seeing where Rafa plays Perez if they both stay.

I like the idea of Perez off Mitro up top but only if we have some serious pace on the wings. Townsend and Aarons would be the obvious choice.

That front 4 would be fucking devastating down there like [emoji38]

They might, but again, I'd still rather have another striker on the books who has an actual record of scoring goals at that level. I don't care if he's 30 either, we can sell him once we get promoted for half the price. It would still have been worth it.

Considering we were utter gash upfront this season gone, and our likely strikeforce didn't score 20 between them, theres an awful lot of confidence on here that they are going to banging them in left, right and centre next season. Hope you're right.

Fingers crossed we sign a proven goalscorer.

Considering we were utter gash upfront this season gone, and our likely strikeforce didn't score 20 between them, theres an awful lot of confidence on here that they are going to banging them in left, right and centre next season. Hope you're right.

Shola was on target for 20 in this league before he got injured ffs :lol:

The standard is fucking awful.

The thing that worries me is how we're going to turn the away form around.

Playing much shiter teams every week would do it.  Last time out our home and away form were both donkey shit but we quickly turned that around in the Championship.  At least this time around our general form has already improved massively, joint second in the form table in the last 6 matches.

Mitro is gonna have to win over a lot of people if he stays, that sending off in last game was a disgrace. I fear he'll get off the hook because of the nature of the win.

I agree a year in the lower league will do his confidence the world of good, defenders are terrified of him as it is.. now if he could work on that shooting..

Is anyone not at least worried a tiny tiny tiny amount how we may f*** this up and finish 3rd and lose the play-offs?  :undecided:

We haven't officially named a manager, signed players, played matches and etc and you're already worried about that possibility? :lol:

Is anyone not at least worried a tiny tiny tiny amount how we may f*** this up and finish 3rd and lose the play-offs?  :undecided:

We haven't officially named a manager, signed players, played matches and etc and you're already worried about that possibility? :lol:

On the flip side, it's ridiculous that promotion is already being seen as a foregone conclusion.

One step at a time folks, let's get Rafa over the line.

Assuming Cisse is due to leave, there needs to be another striker signed regardless. I would like a proven goal scorer from that league, tbh. How much would someone like Nahki Wells cost?

On the flip side, it's ridiculous that promotion is already being seen as a foregone conclusion.

One step at a time folks, let's get Rafa over the line.

We've got nothing to do with it :lol: