Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So, I've been on my hols for a week, totally disconnected from the technological world... have I missed anything since last Saturday (other than Saylor leaving)?

Agger was in, out, in, out in a terrible mix-up of 80s kid disco hits.

Absolutely no one is bidding that at the moment though. No one rates him that highly. But if someone did come in with 16m it would be because they're daft and we'd be daft to not take it because it's double (edit: at least) his real market value.

Maybe if this was 2008. £16m for a 21 year old international striker that HAS scored tons of goals is really nothing in today's market.

Guest chopey

So, I've been on my hols for a week, totally disconnected from the technological world... have I missed anything since last Saturday (other than Saylor leaving)?

I decided to buy some red trousers, the technological whizz kids on here changed my avatar so I had them, I now have white trousers with Romanian flags, apart from that not much.

Not sure if this has already been posted, but the mag claimed the following below from Colo. Sounds like a new era under Rafa

Fabricio Coloccini stated in an interview yesterday that Rafa Benitez intends to build his defence around players under the age of 25, suggesting that the likes of Taylor, Coloccini and almost certainly Daryl Janmaat, were all set to leave the club. - See more at: http://www.themag.co.uk/2016/06/newcastle-united-release-official-statement-future-steven-taylor/#sthash.CyWkHbsl.dpuf

Not sure if this has already been posted, but the mag claimed the following below from Colo. Sounds like a new era under Rafa

Fabricio Coloccini stated in an interview yesterday that Rafa Benitez intends to build his defence around players under the age of 25, suggesting that the likes of Taylor, Coloccini and almost certainly Daryl Janmaat, were all set to leave the club. - See more at: http://www.themag.co.uk/2016/06/newcastle-united-release-official-statement-future-steven-taylor/#sthash.CyWkHbsl.dpuf

:megusta: + Arbeloa on a one year contract to help us get promoted and then a coaching role.

It's so good to be able to read this thread again with positivity.

I still can't believe we have actually got someone competent in charge who knows what they are doing and is actually, you know, a real manager and not a snake-oil merchant.

Cant believe people are even questioning Arbeloa's ability :lol:

He'd have been a decent signing if we were still in the Premier League man!

Why do people have this daft idea that the Championship is of decent quality? Name a defender in that league that comes anywhere near to Arbeloa's ability. Joey Barton (around the same age) was one of the best players in that league this year.

Cant believe people are even questioning Arbeloa's ability :lol:

He'd have been a decent signing if we were still in the Premier League man!

Why do people have this daft idea that the Championship is of decent quality? Name a defender in that league that comes anywhere near to Arbeloa's ability. Joey Barton (around the same age) was one of the best players in that league this year.

Agreed. This bloke was defending against Bale and Ronaldo last season ffs. Now he's going to struggle against Kazenga Lua Lua?