Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think its pretty ridiculous to justify your arguments for us based on Leicester last year.

how so?  the discussion is that having 2 CM's that can compete physically and athletically with a decent level of competence technically and passing-wise would be more than enough presuming the rest of the team has good movement, but the lad is saying we need creative CM's

i didn't watch every leicester game last year but what i did see was kante and drinkwater out running the opposition, winning the ball really well and distributing it effectively to players in a system that had good off the ball movement in a well-drilled system

how is that ridiculous?

Especially considering that Rafa's teams don't operate that differently to Leicester as set up by Ranieri. I didn't pay much attention to them at first, but after I watched them during the second half of the season I was surprised at how good their football was compared to what I imagined it would be. Their possession play under pressure was outstanding. Yes they tended to drop back when they didn't have the ball, but once they got it they moved it around really quickly with lots of short, one touch passing, all geared towards pace on the break aimed at the attributes of their front three.

Personally think the squad is good enough right now, adding two or three more would guarantee things though, so think we need to push on with another creative player, another wide man and a defender. We don't have to do them all via permenant deals, to fill the squad we could bring in a loanee or two, I'm sure we are not short of clubs offering us some talented youngsters they would like to see developed.

The rumour mill has gone totally dead. Are we done?

From Douglass today

5. Who is the captain?

It might have been Sissoko, and could yet be someone who isn’t even a Newcastle player.

But the fact that Jamaal Lascelles has taken the armband in every game so far tells its own story – but Benitez is yet to make that official.

The club are still trying to do business and there’s still a suspicion that Newcastle may yet attempt to do a bit of box office business that could change the captaincy plans. Newcastle will only do that if the deal is right, though, and Lascelles has made the armband his own through his actions at the end of last season.

It’s quite a turnaround for a player who couldn’t get a game at the turn of the year.

The rumour mill has gone totally dead. Are we done?

Ive a feeling that we're waiting on a striker loan from someone who is playing overseas at present.    I also think that we may keep stock until January for further permanent deals.

I wouldn't say VdV was skillful like. He's always seemed like a poor mans Frank Lampard.

I'd compare to a modern day Dutch Joost van der Kamp who despite a Dutch name was not actually Dutch but Flemish and starred in the piping hot Anderlecht 23/24 side personally.

Sky sports

TIOTE IN NEWCASTLE EXIT TALKS

Newcastle United midfielder Cheick Tiote in advanced talks to join Al Jazira club, according to Sky sources.

Sky Sports News HQ understand the Ivory Coast international is negotiating a three-year contract worth £4m a year.

Newcastle are yet to comment but we understand Tiote hasn't travelled for the club's pre-season friendly at Southend.

Sky sports

Newcastle United midfielder Cheick Tiote in advanced talks to join Al Jazira club, according to Sky sources.

Sky Sports News HQ understand the Ivory Coast international is negotiating a three-year contract worth £4m a year.

Newcastle are yet to comment but we understand Tiote hasn't travelled for the club's pre-season friendly at Southend.

:thup:

All the best too him, he's surplus to requirements and has been for a while.

Sky sports

great news, shite footballer  O0