Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He's played 39 games for the US. It's not like he's made 1 appearance in an Ireland friendly.

Half the time he ends up on the wing because he can't defend for s*** and is just fast.

Would he work as just a winger then ? Does he offer a lot going forward, I must admit to knowing next to nothing about his abilities.

He's played 39 games for the US. It's not like he's made 1 appearance in an Ireland friendly.

Half the time he ends up on the wing because he can't defend for s*** and is just fast.

Would he work as just a winger then ? Does he offer a lot going forward, I must admit to knowing next to nothing about his abilities.

Maybe, but I doubt it. Personally, I just think he's a fairly useless one dimensional footballer. He'll get past his man a few times until everyone realises what he is. Basically the type of player I hate. The type of player that typifies why UK/US player development is total shit.

Ameritoon claims he's improved recently, and I've not exactly been religiously watching him play, so maybe what I'm saying is nonsense. But! I distinctly recall Deuce trying to claim Freddy Adu wasn't utter shit, so I'm taking what Ameritoon says with a grain of salt.

Disappointing but unsurprising on the bas Dost front. Was never going to drop down to the championship. 

Yedlin is absolutely rapid and was the great new American hope prior to his spuds move. I still don't know if we need him. Sterry must be Uber pap and gamez more fucked than expected.

Half the time he ends up on the wing because he can't defend for shit and is just fast.

The only difference between him and Janmaat then.

As an American, I'll be one of those few that have seen a lot of Yedlin, he's got a lot of talent but can be a little inconsistent and frustrating. I like him a lot...as a wingback. He's the definition of athlete, but his football brain isn't that clever, and he can often be out of position defensively. If he's meant to be a defender, he's a huge liability basically. He's also not quite a winger, as his crossing and final pass can be frustrating at times. But if we would play him as someone who is meant to speed up the field, turn defense into offense, overlaps, etc. to unlock the defense, then he can run riot over this league.

As an American, I'll be one of those few that have seen a lot of Yedlin, he's got a lot of talent but can be a little inconsistent and frustrating. I like him a lot...as a wingback. He's the definition of athlete, but his football brain isn't that clever, and he can often be out of position defensively. If he's meant to be a defender, he's a huge liability basically. He's also not quite a winger, as his crossing and final pass can be frustrating at times. But if we would play him as someone who is meant to speed up the field, turn defense into offense, overlaps, etc. to unlock the defense, then he can run riot over this league.

Thanks for the insight. With the personnel we have now, perhaps 3 cbs and wing backs is a better formation for us, dunno if Rafa has played that formation a lot in the past though.

No surprise.

Aue, bye bye. He had promise and was better than Debuchy but for the last year or so he hasn't seemed interested. If he was more interested then he'd be a rather good RB, he just doesn't have the right attitude.