Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Michael Carrick should have been enjoying a career farewell at boyhood club Newcastle United.

The relegated Magpies were ready to bring home the player who left Tyneside at 16 and the out-of-contract Manchester United midfielder had decided the move was right for him and his young family.

Jose Mourinho - having long since made up his mind on the future of Bastian Schweinsteiger - intervened and decided that the veteran anchorman was deserving of a place in his squad. Club officials were instructed and Carrick signed a one-year extension.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3801879/Manchester-United-stalwart-Michael-Carrick-key-Jose-Mourinho-solving-Pogba-problem.html

Some sort of player/coach deal in January wouldn't surprise me. No idea if he's going into coaching after his playing days are over, mind.

Some sort of player/coach deal in January wouldn't surprise me. No idea if he's going into coaching after his playing days are over, mind.

Would be a very astute signing regardless of coaching. Think an experienced player like that could make a real difference to the team.

He'll be back in the main starting 11 soon enough.

Man U don't have another midfielder who does what he does, even after spunking 90m on Pogba.

Seen this player a few times - electric pace and a good goal scorer. Top player for Buriram in Thailand and was imperious. However, I have some very nasty memories of this player - first scored away from home (a good 10 m off side) against title rivals Chonburi FC, then promptly ran in front of home supporters - waving his shirt - on the running track. A riot broke out culminating in the team being locked in their changing rooms. The next game he played against Chonburi he went down clutching his head after heading the ball (a young bemused Chonburi defender was about 2 m away). The Chonburi player was sent off. The poleaxed player promptly jumped up. Later that half he elbowed a Chonburi player in the face (blood and bandages) - the Chonburi player was booked for diving! But his antics and the refereeing just reminds me how much Thai football makes my blood boil.

Hope that he has improved his play acting and as he is young has also developed his game further.

Seen this player a few times - electric pace and a good goal scorer. Top player for Buriram in Thailand and was imperious. However, I have some very nasty memories of this player - first scored away from home (a good 10 m off side) against title rivals Chonburi FC, then promptly ran in front of home supporters - waving his shirt - on the running track. A riot broke out culminating in the team being locked in their changing rooms. The next game he played against Chonburi he went down clutching his head after heading the ball (a young bemused Chonburi defender was about 2 m away). The Chonburi player was sent off. The poleaxed player promptly jumped up. Later that half he elbowed a Chonburi player in the face (blood and bandages) - the Chonburi player was booked for diving! But his antics and the refereeing just reminds me how much Thai football makes my blood boil.

Hope that he has improved his play acting and as he is young has also developed his game further.

Superb post :lol:

He'll be back in the main starting 11 soon enough.

Man U don't have another midfielder who does what he does, even after spunking 90m on Pogba.

What does he actually do though?? Every time I've seen him play for Man Utd recently he looks way off the pace

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...