Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If it's the keeper Adrian then it's a huge upgrade imo. Was one of the top 8-10 keepers in the league for me before last season, and given that whoever starts for us at the moment would be one of the weakest 2-3, I'd take it. Pretty sure there was talk of him making the Spanish squad too.

If that was true, West Ham wouldn't have been in for Hart, someone who's hardly been in great form himself. I think this is a waste of limited resources imo, if we want an upgrade we need to be looking at better than him.

When has that ever stopped West Ham? :lol:

We need someone roughly the same standard as Gayle, he's earned his chance to start for us.

Fuck that. We need a striker better then Gayle and Mitrovic. I'm happy to give them a chance, but it would be criminal not investing in a top striker.

I really need someone to pin my hopes to, and that is not Gayle or Mitro.

We need someone roughly the same standard as Gayle, he's earned his chance to start for us.

Fuck that. We need a striker better then Gayle and Mitrovic. I'm happy to give them a chance, but it would be criminal not investing in a top striker.

I really need someone to pin my hopes to, and that is not Gayle or Mitro.

I mean ideally we'd buy better players than everyone we have now, but we aren't going to. So I'm happy we have Gayle who I think can do a good job this season, and we need someone to come in when he's out.

Of course he would be a backup, or an option. That's the point. It means we're replacing Murphy with a younger version, rather than using his freed space to bring in a new first choice.

Disappointing, and shows we have fuck all to spend.

I remember the days we signed better players and moved the previous first choice into a backup position. What's that called again? Progression?

My impression of Adrian is he was decent a couple years ago and has declined. That's probably mostly informed by fantasy stats though. Maybe Bilic just doesn't rate him?

Some keeper stats here. No save percentage, but you can calculate it from shots on goal and goals conceded. It looks like Adrian had some dropoff from his previous high level in the past season, but still saved a higher percentage than Randolph, so Bilic must have gone off him for some reason. Even if it was high profile howlers, Randolph didn't do better on average in the same team.

In 14/15 Adrian conceded two more goals than Rob Eliot, despite facing 44 more shots on target, nearly 50% more. Even allowing for differences in shot quality, that's a huge difference. Some people praised Eliot for not being as bad as expected that season, but I reckon a better keeper would have kept us up.

http://www.foxsports.com/soccer/stats?competition=1&season=20150&category=GOALKEEPING&pos=Goalie&team=0&isOpp=0&sort=6&sortOrder=1

I understand we need a squad but if we're signing players purely to be a backup (signing Joselu to replce Murphy) won't we have the same problem this time next year when we can't shift them?

I was thinking exactly that with some of the names mentioned.

Really do not understand the obsession with bringing in a new keeper tbh

Rafa has complained he has too many players and thats a majorreason we cant afford the first choice targets

Coz the man that decides doesn't rate our keepers maybe?

Rafa has complained he has too many players and thats a majorreason we cant afford the first choice targets

Aye

But we have Elliot, Darlow, Krul, Woodman and even Sels still on the books

We are struggling to sell players and have over 30 first teamers, seems a waste of money

Guest firetotheworks

Aye

We are struggling to sell players and have over 30 first teamers, seems a waste of money

None of them are good enough/ready. If we get a new one in I'd be very surprised if Krul and Darlow don't leave, with Sels possibly going out on loan.

Aye

None of them are good enough/ready. If we get a new one in I'd be very surprised if Krul and Darlow don't leave, with Sels possibly going out on loan.

Sels has already gone out on loan

Aye

That's the thing though, getting rid off Darlow and Krul for the price we want is not an easy task

Not sure Adrian is 'that' much better than Elliot, he's been out of form for a long time now

We have a limited budget and we need to focus on more important areas in my opinion