Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

1 goal and 1 assist last season for an apparent creative midfielder says a lot.

As has already been mentioned, it's concerning. But you have to consider he's a #10 playing in a new league. And was deployed in a wide midfield role in a 442 diamond or as 1 of a 3 in the middle of a 433. Not exactly his natural or preferred position.

After watching a lot of YouTube videos of him (I know), I think Rafa wants him for work rate alone. For a #10 he's constantly hassling and niggling at players and when out of possession is chasing back and often, regaining possession before playing it forward quickly.

As has already been mentioned, it's concerning. But you have to consider he's a #10 playing in a new league. And was deployed in a wide midfield role in a 442 diamond or as 1 of a 3 in the middle of a 433. Not exactly his natural or preferred position.

After watching a lot of YouTube videos of him (I know), I think Rafa wants him for work rate alone. For a #10 he's constantly hassling and niggling at players and when out of possession is chasing back and often, regaining possession before playing it forward quickly.

The issue is he would be here too.

The issue is he would be here too.

My point was he's a #10 in a new league, that poor form was compounded by the fact he wasn't played in that position. It might be hard for him here, but it'll be a hell of a lot harder if we stick him in beside Hayden.

His stats are shit, and for the money he's supposedly going for I'd rather we looked elsewhere

Well if it's true they've turned down our bid, then they obviously rate him despite the stats. The £22m release clause would suggest he's a decent player. Whether he'd be any use over here is a different matter, but you'd assume Rafa would have taken that into consideration.

They mean nowt really, he could've been laying them on a plate but for shit finishing and great keeping. I've no idea how he played but I'd not be guided by those sorts of stats.

Would be superb to get shot of De Jong and Riviere, start making inroads into the deadweight XI:

Krul

Gamez  Hanley  Good  Haidara

Saivet  De Jong  Colback  Lazaar

Mitrovic  Riviere

Would be superb to get shot of De Jong and Riviere, start making inroads into the deadweight XI:

Krul

Gamez  Hanley  Good  Haidara

Saivet  De Jong  Colback  Lazaar

Mitrovic  Riviere

Don't worry, we have Diame to bring off the bench and replace one of them.

Emmanuel Rivière to sign 2-year-deal with Metz

Newcastle United are finally rid of French forward Emmanuel Rivière.

France Football report that the player will sign a 2-year-contract in the coming hours with Ligue 1 side Metz.

It is currently unclear whether or not a transfer fee is involved for the 27-year-old.

France Football report that the player will sign a 2-year-contract in the coming hours with Ligue 1 side Metz.

It is currently unclear whether or not a transfer fee is involved for the 27-year-old.

Good riddance.

France Football report that the player will sign a 2-year-contract in the coming hours with Ligue 1 side Metz.

I think we should offer them no more than 2 milion

I really hope the club start offering a basic salary more dependent on whether the player is in the 25 man squad. Given the extra money in the PL, offloading surplus players is only going to get worse in time. The amount of money our out of squad players are on probably works out to 10-15 million a year.

I really hope the club start offering a basic salary more dependent on whether the player is in the 25 man squad. Given the extra money in the PL, offloading surplus players is only going to get worse in time. The amount of money our out of squad players are on probably works out to 10-15 million a year.

Good post. Unfortunately slimy agents will make sure that never happens IMO.