Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stop buying crap players from agents spreadsheets and being forced into giving them the going rate.  Actually source a better grade of player then they will probably increase in value and turn a profit for the club.  If you want to follow Ashley's knock down vision of NUFC.

I really hope the club start offering a basic salary more dependent on whether the player is in the 25 man squad. Given the extra money in the PL, offloading surplus players is only going to get worse in time. The amount of money our out of squad players are on probably works out to 10-15 million a year.

When no top player's agent accepts these terms will you complain that we have no quality in the squad? It's always going to be a Catch 22 situation.

I'd personally gamble on a smaller squad all round.

I really hope the club start offering a basic salary more dependent on whether the player is in the 25 man squad. Given the extra money in the PL, offloading surplus players is only going to get worse in time. The amount of money our out of squad players are on probably works out to 10-15 million a year.

When no top player's agent accepts these terms will you complain that we have no quality in the squad? It's always going to be a Catch 22 situation.

How many top players do we ever buy? Seems we always end up going for those 3rd or 4th down the list because they are cheaper, and then we are stuck with them because it turns out they are shit.

We should have had Reina in as soon as he became available.

Is he even that available? Played last night for them.

Last year of his contract and they're having problems agreeing a new deal.  Plus he had a bit of bother with the club President when he said something about Reina's wife at a club dinner or something.

There's a difference between not renewing his contract, as De Laurentiis has said, and selling him right now. Their backups are poor, and he's cruicial to the way they play from the back. Selling him without a replacement would be sabotaging a potential title challenge.

depends on the signing. Some would go for it, players like Riviere and Colback were making a big step up joining newcastle, so they would likely be more willing to accept a deal like this.

depends on the signing. Some would go for it, players like Riviere and Colback were making a big step up joining newcastle, so they would likely be more willing to accept a deal like this.

At least we now seemed to have stopped dishing out those crazy 5 and 6 year contracts to players.

Riviere didn't think so if you do your research. Colback neither by forcing an extra £5k on his weekly when threatening to go to West Ham.

Carvalho would go against everything we know about Ashley. (from his interview, to the fact he doesn't go into a bidding war with a Premier League club very often, to the fee, the wages....)

Young I could possibly see. He'd get about £50-60k tops these days at another club which is our upper limits.