Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

And Starsport understands significant progress was made earlier this week, as Magpies representatives met with Staveley in London to discuss Rafa Benitez's transfer budget for January and beyond.

The Spaniard will receive upwards of £100m when the transfer window rolls back around, with the club prioritising the need for a left-back, midfielder and forward.

Moves for Luke Shaw, Ross Barkley and former Magpies striker Andy Carroll were all discussed in the meeting.

While Benitez also wants to bring in Real Madrid legend Iker Casillas, to aid the development of younger players in the squad.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/655580/Newcastle-takeover-Exclusive-Amanda-Staveley-Rafa-Benitez-transfer-budget-Luke-Shaw

Fucking load of owld shite. Haven't agreed a valuation of the club, heads of terms nor completed due diligence but we've sorted out Rafa's spend for the month and identified 3 players.

Honestly, the shite some people pay to read, is beyond me.

Apols haven’t read it anywhere but for the record I want Gudogan as our advanced midfielder/no10.

Think it would suit his game (he’s awesome running into the box and distributing the ball) and he must be fucked off trying to work his way back into City’s phenomenal midfield.

I really wish we would stop getting linked with Andy Carroll. Even allowing for the fact we don’t have any decent strikers at the club. I really don’t want Carroll back. I do hope it is just lazy journalism every time he’s linked.

Huge question marks over all of those players for me.  Cassillas is a legend and a leader but has looked past his best for at least 2 years now.  Shaw looked brilliant before his injury last season, not sure what's happened since then but there's clearly something wrong with his mentality.  Barkley is an exciting player and would improve us in attack but his decision making is shocking and his situation at Everton is weird as f***.  Everyone knows the score with Carroll, he can be unstoppable when fit but i honestly can't remember the last time he was fit for more than 20 fixtures, probably when he played for us!

If i'm honest i'd probably avoid all of them and probably so would Rafa.

If we get sold I’d hate to see us waste a shed load of money on those 3. Good replacements for Joselu and Perez and I’d be happy. We can survive without a new left back for now. Totally pointless spending big money on questionable replacements.

Aye. :lol:

Even if Casillas is nowhere near what he used to be I'd imagine he'd still be our best keeper. Shaw would be our best left-back by some distance. The only question mark for me would be Carroll and that's only because of his injury record. But as "phase one" of us taking the next step up the league, I'd not have any issues with any really.

Why would you want him there though? he's played CM pretty much his whole career.

Watching him play and reading an article in local paper (when signed for Man City) about how although he had/can play a more holding role but wants to challenge Silva (now baldy, then mop-top) for advanced role.

We won't be signing Shaw. He is one of those rare players who has peaked at 18. Rafa will be well aware of his bad attitude reported almost daily in the local Manchester press where he struggles to perform for the U23s

Was listening to Radio Newcastle after the game yesterday, one caller was asked if money wasn't an issue who would he go for striker wise who we could realistically attract. Said Dembele from Celtic. Anyone else take him and do you think we could attract him?

Personally think it'll take more than £20m to get him and I'm unsure how he'd fare, but he'd definitely be an improvement on what we have although that isn't saying much. Either way the takeover would have to be done to make that happen.

I can't see him leaving a Champions League team in Celtic (I know) to join us - although perhaps he could be tempted if a takeover happened.

I'm always wary with Celtic players though, you can imagine if Dwight Gayle was playing as part of that team he'd be getting linked all over too as he'd score for fun in that League. Personally if a takeover happened I'd rather we looked elsewhere, but wouldn't grumble if we got him.