Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Another story written from the point of view that Mike Ashley is using his own personal money (not the club's TV money or gate receipts, etc) to save us from relegation (and no more). He told Rafa 3 weeks ago the club sale wasn't going to happen so why is he only looking to spend money now? These journalists must think we're all morons (maybe the writer of the story is a moron).

Another story written from the point of view that Mike Ashley is using his own personal money (not the club's TV money or gate receipts, etc) to save us from relegation (and no more). He told Rafa 3 weeks ago the club sale wasn't going to happen so why is he only looking to spend money now? These journalists must think we're all morons (maybe the writer of the story is a moron).

A Newcastle fan ironically.

Misleading headline alert. Quotes having a pop at PCP, no quotes about investment from El fatto.

But Rafa himself said today that Ashley has given his word that he'll bring in the players he needs. The spend what it takes is obviously the Mirror taking liberties, but there can't be much doubt that Ashley has agreed to spend, although even Rafa didn't seem to believe him.

Fucking right. Proper winds me up, this idea we need to beg him to spend his money out of goodwill rather than just allowing the club to operate properly for a change.

Misleading headline alert. Quotes having a pop at PCP, no quotes about investment from El fatto.

But Rafa himself said today that Ashley has given his word that he'll bring in the players he needs. The spend what it takes is obviously the Mirror taking liberties, but there can't be much doubt that Ashley has agreed to spend, although even Rafa didn't seem to believe him.

:lol:

And Dave :thup:

:spit:

Also, what is this shite. The thing has been so secretive, it's sent us all insane wanting to know what's going on.

Mike feels that Amanda Staveley, who he has no problem with as an individual, has played out the attempt to take over the club in public. Most deals he has been involved in have been struck behind closed doors with the announcement arriving after they’re concluded.

How FUCKING SHIT of a so called journalist do you have to be to respond to the hurtful comments with 'he has no problem with as a person'?

Honestly man, I know we've got some journalists in here but the majority are absolute shills. I live in the hope that social media kills their existence.

It's not rocket science either. I simply don't get the reticence. Improving the squad by 30m is going to increase the asking price while also making the club more attractive to buy. He would likely recoup the outlay and avert the huge loss he will take when we go down with no investment.

Probably sat there saying it didn't work the last time with McLaren.

Isn't the guy who wrote it the one who everyone said Rafa is in cahoots with from his liverpool days, or am I thinking of a different guy?

He claims to know Rafa - unsure how accurate that is.

He does.

The only thing that gets this man spending money is a threat of relegation in January, so I actually believe that Mirror headline.

He's done it before so there's a tinge of hope.

I'm incredibly skeptical if i'm honest, if that was the plan then why wasn't it put into practice before January started instead of the last 10 days?

I hope i'm wrong, Rafa keeps us up and the fat twat sells the club but i doubt it sadly.

The only thing that gets this man spending money is a threat of relegation in January, so I actually believe that Mirror headline.

Agreed we tend to spend money  when we are trouble. If we had another 6 points then  they would  be no way he would spend.

Ah the classic ‘make it look like we cars at the last minute so we can try and trick them into thinking we were trying somehow but really had no intentions of spending a single dime’ move.

Seen this almost every year since that dreadful and horrible day this fat fuck took over the club. The day Newcastle United as we knew it was destroyed.