Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

With the fall of the Pound against the Euro the cost of buying players from Europe has just gone up.

Will be interesting how much sky and premier league could charge for viewing in other countries, are we not the most watched league in the world?/TV money could increase even more.?

Most are already siting on long "contracts". MTG in Sweden have the rights until 18/19 or 19/20..

We wouldn't just be talking about Sweden though. World-wide.

I can see it getting stronger. But on the other hand if it's harder to attract super stars would people still tune in to see the new breed of Ian Dowie's? 🤔

Everton after Krul, will please many for some odd reason.

Nowt against him, but if we can get coin and actually reinvest it somewhere where we're lacking a bit more I'd not be too disappointed. He hasn't reached his potential here and our goalkeeping cover is reasonable.

Nowt against him, but if we can get coin and actually reinvest it somewhere where we're lacking a bit more I'd not be too disappointed. He hasn't reached his potential here and our goalkeeping cover is reasonable.

Now is the time we want to keep hold of any player we think has greater potential than what they're currently showing, if possible. Would rather he stayed.

Do we pay salaries to our Euro players in pounds or euros?

If the latter, they are now more expensive. If the former, these players are effectively getting a pay cut.

Piss taking bar stewards...Your point makes sense to me J. If I was headhunted by some Guatemalan firm to do an equivalent three-ringed circus of shit job, I would still divide Quetzal (kin hell) by 10ish and think in £, and how much I could squirrel away. If the 10ish became 7ish, it would obviously influence how attractive the offer was. More importantly,  do they have squirrels in  Guatemala??

Now is the time we want to keep hold of any player we think has greater potential than what they're currently showing, if possible. Would rather he stayed.

Agreed. Krul is miles better than the rest of our keepers who has showed nowt to be good enough for the Premier league. Keep him.

Michael McGovern is on a free. He'll have loads of offers after his euro performances but it's worth throwing our hat in there. Much better than what we've got if the euros is anything to go by.

Guest neesy111

With the fall of the Pound against the Euro the cost of buying players from Europe has just gone up.

Will be interesting how much sky and premier league could charge for viewing in other countries, are we not the most watched league in the world?/TV money could increase even more.?

They are already charging for people to watch in other countries, bloody clown.

They are already charging for people to watch in other countries, bloody clown.

I know, I said even more? When deals etc expire.

A player out of contract from the 10th best team in the SPL? Based on a few shotstopping performances at the Euros?

Aberdeen season ticket holder here. McGovern is alright: certainly one of the best 'keepers in the SPL, but I'm not entirely convinced that he's better than what we already have (definitely not Krul). Great shot-stopper, great communicator (you'll hear the fucker shouting at his defence all game long), pretty wonky on crosses but not terrible, doesn't make too many huge, game-altering mistakes.

It's the SPL, though. Darlow looked good towards the end of the season but we're judging him on a tiny sample size, and yes, Elliot improved, but his flaws are still pretty apparent.

If Krul goes, it's a very tough choice between Darlow, Elliot, and McGovern IMO.

What's Hanley like?

I fucking hate Grant Hanley :lol:

He's a big clumsy duffer. Imagine every bad British centre-back stereotype rolled into one player, and you've got Hanley. Scotland don't exactly have a history of producing great centre-backs, but I cringe every time I see this fucking orc on the team sheet. He's straight out of Mordor, this guy: a big, knuckle-dragging, pea-brained mongo who's only talents are crashing into things and eating Hobbits.

I'd hate to see him play for us.

What's Hanley like?

I f***ing hate Grant Hanley :lol:

He's a big clumsy duffer. Imagine every bad British centre-back stereotype rolled into one player, and you've got Hanley. Scotland don't exactly have a history of producing great centre-backs, but I cringe every time I see this f***ing orc on the team sheet. He's straight out of Mordor, this guy: a big, knuckle-dragging, pea-brained mongo who's only talents are crashing into things and eating Hobbits.

:lol:

What's Hanley like?

He's a big clumsy duffer. Imagine every bad British centre-back stereotype rolled into one player, and you've got Hanley. Scotland don't exactly have a history of producing great centre-backs, but I cringe every time I see this f***ing orc on the team sheet. He's straight out of Mordor, this guy: a big, knuckle-dragging, pea-brained mongo who's only talents are crashing into things and eating Hobbits.

:lol: I don't think the last sentence was necessary there.

What's Hanley like?

:lol: I don't think the last sentence was necessary there.

:lol:

Dunno like, thought the rest of the post might've been too ambiguous...