Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Amazing what having a competent manager can do.

Tbf he's a bit better than competent. Probably one of the top half dozen managers in World football.

I was more trying to make the point that our previous ones were incompetent.

Asked some of my students about that Reading midfielder (I teach in a college near reading so I've got a bunch of Reading fans in my class). They all think he's excellent and should be joining a Premiership club.

Didn't even realize we were linked with him. Not sure I'd be overly excited about it, but I also only watch him with the national team and he hasn't played much recently. Either way, he'd offer a lot more than Alan Smith did last time we were down

Aye, I'm not expecting many familiar names in this transfer window.

Tbh, when I try to second-guess what kind of players Rafa might bring I'd always think of the colossal quantity of frustrating, limited players he signed and persisted with at Liverpool. f***ers like N'Gog, Le Tallec, Sinama-Pongole, El Zhar, Pennant, Voronin, Babel..

On the other hand, he signed some super-exciting players for Napoli (although in Naples transfers are probably the responsibility of the directors / De Laurentis ).

Either way, I have full confidence that whoever he brings will be coached and trained properly.

Not being able to finish a deal because the other clubs MD are on holiday ffs :lol:

This must have been what it felt like for other clubs when our MD used to go on holiday during the summer and they wanted to buy a player off us.

I probably won't know anything about the majority of our signings but if Rafa's into them then it all good, baby baby.

I'm expecting our signings might not be as eye-catching as previous ones like Thauvin or Cabella, but they will work a lot better in  a team framework. I also agree about that Irish lad Kendrick. He looks a strong player, albeit I've only seen flashes of him.

How it should be done. Why alert competitors? Maybe reflects that they're not just trying to whet appetites and actually mean business. Plus less interference/touting by agents/sharks who feed off the premiership lads.

How it should be done. Why alert competitors? Maybe reflects that they're not just trying to whet appetites and actually mean business. Plus less interference/touting by agents/sharks who feed off the premiership lads.

Until they start emailing every club and get an 'Out of Office' reply, then they've sussed us.

It's weird.  We are hearing deals are almost done and no-one has any idea who the players could be.

Which i'm finding rather nice. It's so good to look forward to things like this again with some excitement, knowing players will coming for the manager, the club and the future success it might bring.

Not just as a stepping stone for a club that looks to finish 10th-17th, funnily enough that's the weird part, enjoying it.

Will you be able to follow many games Kanji?

No idea Ian, last time we were down Watch ESPN website carried most of the matches. This time, it definitely sounds like BeIN and maybe Fox+ will carry a handful (May have made up Fox) so will have to pay for some official radio subscriptions or something to follow I guess?

I'm abroad (Turkey), and obviously won't have the pub option any longer as they tend not to show anything outside of the Premiership. However, if you can find someone with SkyGo who isn't using up their four devices (I use my dad's) and then use a VPN, you can watch anywhere in the world. I'll probably see more of our games this year than last seeing as we'll be a popular draw in the Championship.

No idea Ian, last time we were down Watch ESPN website carried most of the matches. This time, it definitely sounds like BeIN and maybe Fox+ will carry a handful (May have made up Fox) so will have to pay for some official radio subscriptions or something to follow I guess?

I'm abroad (Turkey), and obviously won't have the pub option any longer as they tend not to show anything outside of the Premiership. However, if you can find someone with SkyGo who isn't using up their four devices (I use my dad's) and then use a VPN, you can watch anywhere in the world. I'll probably see more of our games this year than last seeing as we'll be a popular draw in the Championship.

For what it's worth my Aunty and uncle who live in Canada said the last time we went down they saw more of our games than ever before. Currently though no one had the deal for Championship games over there, but with is and Villa both being relegated I can see them selling deals across the world.

For what it's worth my Aunty and uncle who live in Canada said the last time we went down they saw more of our games than ever before. Currently though no one had the deal for Championship games over there, but with is and Villa both being relegated I can see them selling deals across the world.

Fingers crossed. Think there will be a fair few games on, Shaw doesn't have BEIN though. Provided they are on somewhere we should be able to get them online.

With the fall of the Pound against the Euro the cost of buying players from Europe has just gone up.

And they need Work Permits?

Not yet but they probably will when it's sorted out. Fuck knows what'll happen to those already here, footballer and regular plebs.

With the fall of the Pound against the Euro the cost of buying players from Europe has just gone up.

And they need Work Permits?

Not yet but they probably will when it's sorted out. f*** knows what'll happen to those already here, footballer and regular plebs.

Pass back Jack will be delighted with the news :-)