Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Haller is supposed to be pretty highly rated - was just reading one of those stats analysis pieces in which someone asks who would make the better signing - Haller or Vincent Janssen, and the guy picks Haller.  http://statsbomb.com/2016/04/statsbomb-mailbag-who-should-arsenal-buy-in-midfield-more-transfer-shopping/

Just watched a random youtube video of him and he looks like a poor man's Shola. Good at pens mind :D

Yeah - I just scanned through a video of him and he seemed to score a lot of penalties...

Now got French football guys on twitter saying he never appears to be as good as his scoring record suggests.

He looked more mobile than Mitrovic and showed some really deft touches and nice link up play.  His finishing didn't look great, though and there certainly were a load of pens in the videos I watched. 

Most of the first video, was him missing free headers and decent chances :lol:

He looked more mobile than Mitrovic and showed some really deft touches and nice link up play.  His finishing didn't look great, though and there certainly were a load of pens in the videos I watched. 

Sounds like another Luuk De Jong.

Luuk De Jong is a fucking beast in the Dutch league to be fair.

Luuk De Jong is a fucking beast in the Dutch league to be fair.

Who isn't? I don't know if it was just because Pardew's rancid football, but when he was here, he showed up everywhere except the penalty box.

Luuk De Jong is a f***ing beast in the Dutch league to be fair.

Who isn't? I don't know if it was just because Pardew's rancid football, but when he was here, he showed up everywhere except the penalty box.

Well aware of how crap he looked here... Your comment just seemed to suggest his finishing didn't look great, mostly pens, missed free headers etc and that couldn't be farther from the truth on De Jong's time at Twente and PSV. Which is what I'm referring to.

Luuk De Jong is a f***ing beast in the Dutch league to be fair.

Well aware of how crap he looked here... Your comment just seemed to suggest his finishing didn't look great, mostly pens, missed free headers etc and that couldn't be farther from the truth on De Jong's time at Twente and PSV. Which is what I'm referring to.

I saw his youtube video when he signed and his finishing did look pretty clinical tbf. But when he was here he wasn't looking to get on the end of anything and if he did have any efforts on goal they lacked any conviction. He just didn't look a Newcastle player.

Caulkin has said that Haller is one target but we haven't bid yet as he is just one of a number of targets and we haven't decided yet. He also says we have bids in for wingers, and Everton are delaying the Galloway deal.