Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cleverley is pretty rubbish tbh. He seems a decent lad and works hard on the pitch but he hasn't got much to offer aside from that. Quite slow, passing is ok but he's not that creative and doesn't score many.

He'd probably be ok in the Championship but I don't think he's someone who can come in and storm you to a comfortable title win or anything.

I'd personally be hoping there's an obligation to buy in any loan deal so that we're not stuck with him again in the summer.

If we were looking for players for next season we'd be after someone better than Cleverley, so don't think there's much chance of agreeing a obligation to buy.

People keep saying this but we'll have a hard time finding PL standard players who will be big part of the team next season should we get promoted this season.

No one of any real quality is actually going to join us in January and Rafa will know that.

Cleverley is pretty rubbish tbh. He seems a decent lad and works hard on the pitch but he hasn't got much to offer aside from that. Quite slow, passing is ok but he's not that creative and doesn't score many.

He'd probably be ok in the Championship but I don't think he's someone who can come in and storm you to a comfortable title win or anything.

I'd personally be hoping there's an obligation to buy in any loan deal so that we're not stuck with him again in the summer.

Appreciate your input man. :thup:

Not doubting you but if we heeded the advice of our Villa fan about Clark, well you know. Think we best be open minded about Cleverley.

Would be happy with Wilson. If anything happens to Gayle we'd be in serious bother.

Not like we've got another striker on the bench with a similar goals to minutes ratio this season.

Not the same type of player. Pretty obvious Rafa doesn't rate Mitrovic.

If we were looking for players for next season we'd be after someone better than Cleverley, so don't think there's much chance of agreeing a obligation to buy.

People keep saying this but we'll have a hard time finding PL standard players who will be big part of the team next season should we get promoted this season.

No one of any real quality is actually going to join us in January and Rafa will know that.

Nobody of the kind of quality we'll be able to buy next season no, but I think we'd be able to attract better than Cleverly right now if we pushed the boat out.  But why bother when you can just get someone good enough on a short term loan (like Cleverly) and then go for the real quality next season.