Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I don't really want Defoe tbh, I would rather go for someone who is coming into his prime. I would have loved it if we had bought him when we were first rumoured to be after him when Keegan was here.

Obviously rate Defoe but not sure I'd want him here. He's very similar in style to Gayle, who I'd like to see us persevere with next season.

And if it gets to October and it doesn't look like Gayle is good enough to be a first choice?

I know his goals per game ratio is good but it's different keeping that level up for 30 odd starts, than say 12 starts and 17 sub apps. Defoe would be ideal as a first choice or cover if Gayle is flying.

I'd rather we spent good money on a younger first-team striker who can compete with Gayle but also bring a different skill-set to the table.

Can't see us going after Defoe to be honest - just don't think he does enough outside the box and I don't think we will be in a position to have a purely penalty box player as our lone striker.

Willian Jose from Sociedad.

Yes please.

He was brilliant for Las Palmas and he's been pretty good this season for Sociedad too. Quite a different striker to Gayle; Strong, good at holding the ball up and lethal in the air.

Not sure. He's never played for the Brazil national team but has been in Spain since around 2014 I think, bizarrely starting at Real Madrid on loan from that dodgy Uruguayan club.

Manchester United midfielder Michael Carrick says he will likely retire from football when he leaves Old Trafford, ruling out a switch to his boyhood club Newcastle.

“No, I think that’s (playing for Newcastle) passed now," he told MOTD magazine. "When I was a kid I was supporting Newcastle, I dreamt one day I would do but I count myself very fortunate to have played for Manchester United for so long.

“It’s just one of those things where you can’t have everything. If and when I finish here (Manchester United), that will probably be it I think."

Guest neesy111

After all that fuss over the extra £1m for Townsend, do we now reckon Palace will demand £20m for him in the summer since his upturn in form..?

He was never available tbh.  Allardyce was playing us.

After all that fuss over the extra £1m for Townsend, do we now reckon Palace will demand £20m for him in the summer since his upturn in form..?

Got this feeling too. Rafa probably was as pissed off because the idiots on our end didn't keep him in the loop what was happening just as much as it was shite that we didn't get him.

He was only ever going to be available if they went down. Looks like that's not happening now anyway. Move on.

If we had of went in at the very start of January when he wasn't getting a game and handed hippo heed more coin for his kitty then we'd have got him - instead we did our usual and pissed about! As I said in the other games thread on Monday night - we'd be comfortably up now.

If we had of went in at the very start of January when he wasn't getting a game and handed hippo heed more coin for his kitty then we'd have got him - instead we did our usual and pissed about! As I said in the other games thread on Monday night - we'd be comfortably up now.

This is all speculation, right?

If we had of went in at the very start of January when he wasn't getting a game and handed hippo heed more coin for his kitty then we'd have got him - instead we did our usual and p*ssed about! As I said in the other games thread on Monday night - we'd be comfortably up now.

This is how I see it.

Past his prime but he's exactly the type of signing we need to make to consolidate our position in the league next season. He's streets ahead of Lascelles, sadly.

He's 29, pretty much prime years for a central defender. He'd probably be good for another four seasons I'd have thought. No sell on value though, so that's not happening.