Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'd really like to see Traore here based on the little I've seen of him

Really? Why?

What does he actually do?

He did fuck all other than run in a straight line every now and then for us, and seems to have done the exact same for Boro last year. He's big, stocky and quite fast, but he has zero football awareness.

I remember Village Idiot on here telling me *exactly* the same thing when we signed him, and he was absolutely spot on.

I find it utterly bewildering anyone would want him, let alone pay some of the figures mentioned for him.

He's not a winger. He's not even a footballer.

Sounds like past players we have loathed here Obertan & Lua Lua spring to mind.

Pretty sure Abrahams did interviews saying he was in no hurry to make his decaision about his future, England u21's was his focus, would prefer to stay at Chelsea etc all whilst he was supposed to be signing for us immediately. Even after he met Rafa there was still a week or so where he was considering his options. I don't think he was as close to signing for us as it was made out.

I do think it's quite daft when people seem to brush off these rumours as 'ITK shite'.

It's absolutely clear that Rafa will be pissed off at the moment and whilst I can't imagine he'd be anywhere near considering his future, it doesn't bode well for us in the mid to long term.

For me, the thing that makes me think it isn't them dicking him about is last summer, i know we recouped money which may have been why we spent a fair dollop. But we didn't need to spend that much either, if that's what they wanted.

I mean why spend in the Championship (January i know) to get up and then not to stay up, makes no sense, mind you when has this hierarchy ever used common sense.

I do think it's quite daft when people seem to brush off these rumours as 'ITK shite'.

It's absolutely clear that Rafa will be pissed off at the moment and whilst I can't imagine he'd be anywhere near considering his future, it doesn't bode well for us in the mid to long term.

Nearly all ITK's are bullshitters. You or me could have claimed Rafa is fed up with the lack of signings so far and just said we know someone who knows him. We all know he's far from happy with the slow progress from the papers.

He'd agreed to sign for us all agreed we pissed about didn't get it sorted straight away and Swansea offered additional sweeteners in the meantime. Would have been irrelevant if we'd just got it done at the time. Bullet dodged hopefully.

I know the club are far from perfect, but I doubt the club would have deliberately sabotaged a loan deal for a highly rated youngster that would cost considerably less than a permanent transfer. The club is naturally going to want the very best value for money, and spend as least as possible. Knocking back a loan deal that would suit them down to ground just goes against all that and makes it hard to believe. I don't doubt that we will miss out on targets because of the price tag, I just happen to think this deal in particular was more down to the constant change of mind from the player, and possibly agent interference.

:lol: Some people are desperate to dismiss ITK stuff if folk won't say who it's come from.

I know someone connected to the club who occasionally gives me little bits of gossip/info but of course I'd never say who it is on here, nor would I expect UncleBingo or beerherenow to, either.

Really, see that's just teasing shite to me. Not personal that like, to you, bingo or beer. I just hate all ITK shite, about everything, transfers, takeovers, managers, the lot.

If he wasn't unhappy or displeased at our transfer business so far this window, I would be even more concerned tbh. It doesn't take a genius to work out that only one completely new signing so far isn't good enough.

:lol: Some people are desperate to dismiss ITK stuff if folk won't say who it's come from.

I know someone connected to the club who occasionally gives me little bits of gossip/info but of course I'd never say who it is on here, nor would I expect UncleBingo or beerherenow to, either.

Really, see that's just teasing s**** to me. Not personal that like, to you, bingo or beer. I just hate all ITK s****, about everything, transfers, takeovers, managers, the lot.

Nah. I'm just not naming said person on here when I don't know who could be lurking.

As an aside, said person did however give me complete reassurance the other day that Gouffran won't be taking up whatever deal we've offered him.

If he wasn't unhappy or displeased at our transfer business so far this window, I would be even more concerned tbh. It doesn't take a genius to work out that only one completely new signing so far isn't good enough.

That's where i am, now if we start hearing we're not trying to sign players, and then people close to Rafa reveal it to a journo he knows/likes, that'll be the writing on the wall.

I do think it's quite daft when people seem to brush off these rumours as 'ITK s****'.

It's absolutely clear that Rafa will be p*ssed off at the moment and whilst I can't imagine he'd be anywhere near considering his future, it doesn't bode well for us in the mid to long term.

Nearly all ITK's are bullshitters. You or me could have claimed Rafa is fed up with the lack of signings so far and just said we know someone who knows him. We all know he's far from happy with the slow progress from the papers.

I've told Paully who my source is as I know him personally and trust him not to divulge that info. Hopefully he'll come on this thread and verify this.

Really, see that's just teasing s**** to me. Not personal that like, to you, bingo or beer. I just hate all ITK s****, about everything, transfers, takeovers, managers, the lot.

Nah. I'm just not naming said person on here when I don't know who could be lurking.

As an aside, said person did however give me complete reassurance the other day that Gouffran won't be taking up whatever deal we've offered him.

Then i believe everything you just said  :lol:

I do think it's quite daft when people seem to brush off these rumours as 'ITK s****'.

It's absolutely clear that Rafa will be p*ssed off at the moment and whilst I can't imagine he'd be anywhere near considering his future, it doesn't bode well for us in the mid to long term.

I've told Paully who my source is as I know him personally and trust him not to divulge that info. Hopefully he'll come on this thread and verify this.

Would that not mean you could be right (fair enough and i'd eat humble pie and apologise) and we could lose Rafa (i'd then punch you in the vag and also apologise).

I think I've only been ITK once. I taught a French student when I was in Bournemouth who was friends with Demba Ba. It was at the time there were rumours about him having a release clause and moving to Chelsea in the January window. She told me he was definitely moving but wouldn't say where. I remember not believing it despite her showing me a picture of her with him and his mates. Not sure I mentioned it on here at the time.

Murphy brothers' mam and grandparents are from up here. There's a pic going round of them in Toon kits as bairns.

https://twitter.com/ChatNUFC/status/882310042963324928

What lovely bairns they were. And a talented pair. Sign them both! (and Cairney for that matter).

Despite the fact I also wanted us to sign him, he signed a 1 year extension with Fulham last week.

I don't know anyone on here - I think. Hardly going to name them it was told in confidence. Actually I know Rockers brother  ?