Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I mean he's not wrong, trouble is those teams will sign a lot more. Past evidence suggests we won't, there in lies the problem.

What are you talking about? Past evidence suggest we won't sign more players? What evidence might that be?

The real problem is that we've failed to do business early, not that we'll fail to do business at all.

Guest firetotheworks

Not sure how many times it has to be mentioned that it's because we've missed out on Rafa's main targets like. The cockiness from some in the face of that is really bizarre.

Guest palnese

Have other clubs made clear that they need to do a lot of business early on, yet failed to deliver.

That Duffy person fails to grasp context.

I reckon all managers will want their business done as early as possible. But guess what, it doesn't always go to plan.

Not sure how many times it has to be mentioned that it's because we've missed out on Rafa's main targets like. The cockiness from some in the face of that is really bizarre.

No one finds it a bit weird that according to these ITK's Rafa's main target was a loan for a Chelsea youngster who's only real exprience is one season of second tier football?

I'm not saying its not worrying if we're missing out on his top targets. It really is. But he was really on top of Rafa's list? 

No one finds it a bit weird that according to these ITK's Rafa's main target was a loan for a Chelsea youngster who's only real exprience is one season of second tier football?

I'm not saying its not worrying if we're missing out on his top targets. It really is. But he was really on top of Rafa's list? 

Precisely where in the pecking order Abraham was is besides the point. Rafa thought the deal was sealed but the club let him down.

Precisely where in the pecking order Abraham was is besides the point. Rafa thought the deal was sealed but the club let him down.

Yup.

Didn't Abraham just choose Swansea because of Clement and Chelsea didnt want him coming to us?

I mean, it's been a shit window but let's not just make shit up.

Maybe I'm being naive, but how likely it is that a loan for a kid doesnt go through because of finances? Doesnt feel like the full story to me.

How do you know? I've heard his parent club didn't want him here, he thought he'd get more opportunities with Swansea, the player wanted additional payments for his family, the player wanted to concentrate on u21s when we wanted to push it through and finally that we decided to some how sabotage the deal. Now I'm not saying which one is right, but the likelihood we'd try and piss off our manager over a loan deal seems extreme, but it seems to be the one people want to believe for some strange reason.

Then there's the keeper who proven to chase money to sit on a bench and doing it all again, yet for some reason that one is thrown in to the pot of doom that'll see Rafa leave and us signing no one.

If we didn't sign lejuene or Reina moves to another club in England or Samaris moves for £15m etc...then concern can grow. We are then missing out on targets, but that loan deal is just not the one to panic over.

Because of Clement? Is that a joke?

Clement has had links with Chelsea since 2000 as well as being assistant manager and 1st team coach for them.

He knows that. Don't humour him.

Regardless where Rafa felt he was in the pecking order, I assume he saw the massive potential in Abraham on top of a minimal cost deal (1m pounds) to get it sorted out and finally the personal time and capital he spent on getting the player convinced we were the right destination.

I assume the Clement thing was an excuse made up by Charnley.

Abraham and his agent got greedy (hardly unusual) and it all came down to who would pay him the most in the end, rather than coaches, location etc.

Rightly or wrongly we wouldn't shift and get into a bidding war. Time will tell, but for a player who at this stage of his career isn't any better than what we've already got what would have been the point ?

Last thing we need at this point are squad fillers, especially those whose motives may be questionable, it's improvements that are needed.