Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

For what it's worth I think there's more to it.

Having extra investment (or a partial buy out, or even a full takeover) would never happen in the short space of time since those reports surfaced. There was serious interest reported.

Most on here don't know the ins and outs of m & a's but the first thing to happen is an NDA signed by all parties. That means nothing can be talked about, leaked etc..

If someone is serious about investing and doesn't want to hold up business operations, a letter of intent would be signed. This is not legally binding though. Then due diligence would begin.

This bit is key. No major decisions can be made while this is happening.

We did indeed sign LeJeune but we may have had a previous agreement that the agreed transfer had to complete by a certain point or they would back out.

The point is, whatever the final offer is after due diligence could vary greatly from the figure mentioned in the letter of intent.

If it's investment. This could be difference between signing a bunch of Murphy's or players of the Samaris and Carvalho standard.

Merely speculating but it's the same press who are reporting that Rafa is unhappy that reported on the Chinese investment. Why trust one story and not the other?

As plausible as anything else and would actually explain a lot.

good christ imagine if we were sold and no longer had to endure this shitshow :sweetjesus:

Yeah i also imagine Adriana Lima knocking on my door to ask me to marry her. Every time i have a look all i see is my neighbour's smelly bag with trash.

Having extra investment (or a partial buy out, or even a full takeover) would never happen in the short space of time since those reports surfaced. There was serious interest reported.

Most on here don't know the ins and outs of m & a's but the first thing to happen is an NDA signed by all parties. That means nothing can be talked about, leaked etc..

If someone is serious about investing and doesn't want to hold up business operations, a letter of intent would be signed. This is not legally binding though. Then due diligence would begin.

We did indeed sign LeJeune but we may have had a previous agreement that the agreed transfer had to complete by a certain point or they would back out.

The point is, whatever the final offer is after due diligence could vary greatly from the figure mentioned in the letter of intent.

If it's investment. This could be difference between signing a bunch of Murphy's or players of the Samaris and Carvalho standard.

Merely speculating but it's the same press who are reporting that Rafa is unhappy that reported on the Chinese investment. Why trust one story and not the other?

Does this supersede the 'we're waiting until July' theory?

Does this supersede the 'we're waiting until July' theory?

August, new financial year.....

It's pitiful how far we are behind other clubs, mind. All through self-imposed disadvantages.

Exactly, it's totally infuriating.

What's even worse is how Ashley has successfully shrunk fan's expectations so we don't even dream anymore.

I mean even Southampton are a million miles ahead of us like. Fuck me.

So Ashley has stepped in to assure that he is indeed backing Rafa as promised.

So as expected, the media reports were total bullshit.

Yeah, why trust one story and not the other?

Regardless where Rafa felt he was in the pecking order, I assume he saw the massive potential in Abraham on top of a minimal cost deal (1m pounds) to get it sorted out and finally the personal time and capital he spent on getting the player convinced we were the right destination.

I assume the Clement thing was an excuse made up by Charnley.

So I assume you think Charnley f***ed up the deal for whatever reason?

The club messing up a minimal cost deal as you said and knowingly pissing of the manager in the process doesn't sound to me like the most logical explanation for him ending up in Swansea. And without knowing any real facts about the situation it really requires you to make some pretty big assumptions to end up with that result.

But like I said, maybe I'm being naive. Maybe Charnley intentionally f***ed it up to p*ss Rafa off or maybe he went to the Bahamas and didnt bother answering his phone. And then invented a story about Clement tp protect himself.

Maybe. All I know is that there are Stevel Seagal films with more realistic scripts.

I made a ton of assumptions, as many of us are, and yes - I firmly believe Charnley did fuck up the deal. If it's being reported that Rafa had the deal agreed and felt like it was sorted, and he ends up at Swansea - then the man in charge of actually doing the logistics either a) couldn't get things in order to close the deal b) stalled on the decision making for whatever reason and lost the deal or c) is out of his depth

Not at all out of line in my thinking based on past dealings. The club's transfer dealings looks sluggish and completely out of touch. I'd love to be wrong and see a handful of new signings but...

Is Craig Hope the journalist who was in with McClaren's camp and got everything right whilst he was here?

Taking a very slim positive from what he's written, at least we know we put in a (somewhat realistic) bid for Murphy :lol: Shows that there is at least something happening.

I'm firmly in the belief that if Rafa was genuinely that unhappy, then we'd know about it. I mean, he wasn't exactly one for hiding it in his interviews and mannerisms at the end of January. Ryder spent some of the day with him today and saw a bloke who is planning for the future, not packing his bags.

And to put this summer it perspective, this time last season (July) we were linked with 31 players, of which only four of them actually signed.

http://www.nufc.com/rumours/2016-07robrum.html

Throw June into that as well, a further 18 players linked and none of them signed. That's 49 players linked with only four of them actually resulting in signing for us. This summer is not all that different with 30 odd links and 2 signings (so far).

http://www.nufc.com/rumours/2016-06robrum.html

while i'm obviously not saying you're right this scenario would explain a lot aye

It's the only explanation that makes sense (if anything makes sense in ashley owned era).

while i'm obviously not saying you're right this scenario would explain a lot aye

It's the only explanation that makes sense (if anything makes sense in ashley owned era).

Tend to agree. Even by Ashley's standards meeting Rafa 2 months ago and coming to an agreement then purposefully going out of his way to renege on that agreement seems a stretch to me.

Either there's something in this theory or they've shat their pants at the prices in the market big time and are trying to adjust.

Imo.

Then surely Rafa wouldn't be getting frustrated, and more importantly the stories about his future wouldn't keep surfacing because it seems clear to me that he is the one leaking this to the media to put pressure on the club.

Not sure who Craig Johns is, but he's written an absolutely mental piece on the Chronicle saying that our patience can pay off, as proven by (and I'm not making this up) Lukaku's move to Man United. :mackems: