Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Abraham and his agent got greedy (hardly unusual) and it all came down to who would pay him the most in the end, rather than coaches, location etc.

Rightly or wrongly we wouldn't shift and get into a bidding war. Time will tell, but for a player who at this stage of his career isn't any better than what we've already got what would have been the point ?

Last thing we need at this point are squad fillers, especially those whose motives may be questionable, it's improvements that are needed.

What we need is the club to actually attempt to sign the players Rafa wants, is it not pretty obvious yet that we are deliberately failing to conclude deals by offering ridiculously low fees and or stalling once deals are lined up and ready to be signed off?

Regardless where Rafa felt he was in the pecking order, I assume he saw the massive potential in Abraham on top of a minimal cost deal (1m pounds) to get it sorted out and finally the personal time and capital he spent on getting the player convinced we were the right destination.

I assume the Clement thing was an excuse made up by Charnley.

So I assume you think Charnley fucked up the deal for whatever reason?

The club messing up a minimal cost deal as you said and knowingly pissing of the manager in the process doesn't sound to me like the most logical explanation for him ending up in Swansea. And without knowing any real facts about the situation it really requires you to make some pretty big assumptions to end up with that result.

But like I said, maybe I'm being naive. Maybe Charnley intentionally fucked it up to piss Rafa off or maybe he went to the Bahamas and didnt bother answering his phone. And then invented a story about Clement tp protect himself.

Maybe. All I know is that there are Stevel Seagal films with more realistic scripts.

Guest chopey

Alphonse Aréola being linked to us for €15m in France.

Now my nipples are erect.

Was he your holiday romance

I reckon Samaris will be next in, I think he's probably one of the deals on the table.

again it's all speculation but this feels like it might well be one of our problems in getting deals moving...no doubt we throw in a lowball bid and then just leave it sitting there waiting for the other club to come back to us and then negotiate...every fucker has so much money though there's no need to take our lowball bids anymore even if we're offering cash up front 'cause some other daft cunt will be along to better the bid the moment it gets out (or at least that would be my approach as a selling club)

there's no way in the world charnley is pushing deals to make them happen at the expense of losing some "value" on the purchase

we're shite man

For what it's worth I think there's more to it.

Having extra investment (or a partial buy out, or even a full takeover) would never happen in the short space of time since those reports surfaced. There was serious interest reported.

Most on here don't know the ins and outs of m & a's but the first thing to happen is an NDA signed by all parties. That means nothing can be talked about, leaked etc..

If someone is serious about investing and doesn't want to hold up business operations, a letter of intent would be signed. This is not legally binding though. Then due diligence would begin.

This bit is key. No major decisions can be made while this is happening.

We did indeed sign LeJeune but we may have had a previous agreement that the agreed transfer had to complete by a certain point or they would back out.

The point is, whatever the final offer is after due diligence could vary greatly from the figure mentioned in the letter of intent.

If it's investment. This could be difference between signing a bunch of Murphy's or players of the Samaris and Carvalho standard.

Merely speculating but it's the same press who are reporting that Rafa is unhappy that reported on the Chinese investment. Why trust one story and not the other?

Regardless where Rafa felt he was in the pecking order, I assume he saw the massive potential in Abraham on top of a minimal cost deal (1m pounds) to get it sorted out and finally the personal time and capital he spent on getting the player convinced we were the right destination.

I assume the Clement thing was an excuse made up by Charnley.

So I assume you think Charnley f***ed up the deal for whatever reason?

The club messing up a minimal cost deal as you said and knowingly pissing of the manager in the process doesn't sound to me like the most logical explanation for him ending up in Swansea. And without knowing any real facts about the situation it really requires you to make some pretty big assumptions to end up with that result.

But like I said, maybe I'm being naive. Maybe Charnley intentionally f***ed it up to p*ss Rafa off or maybe he went to the Bahamas and didnt bother answering his phone. And then invented a story about Clement tp protect himself.

Maybe. All I know is that there are Stevel Seagal films with more realistic scripts.

I agree, nee one knows what the fuck is going on.

Having extra investment (or a partial buy out, or even a full takeover) would never happen in the short space of time since those reports surfaced. There was serious interest reported.

Most on here don't know the ins and outs of m & a's but the first thing to happen is an NDA signed by all parties. That means nothing can be talked about, leaked etc..

If someone is serious about investing and doesn't want to hold up business operations, a letter of intent would be signed. This is not legally binding though. Then due diligence would begin.

We did indeed sign LeJeune but we may have had a previous agreement that the agreed transfer had to complete by a certain point or they would back out.

The point is, whatever the final offer is after due diligence could vary greatly from the figure mentioned in the letter of intent.

If it's investment. This could be difference between signing a bunch of Murphy's or players of the Samaris and Carvalho standard.

Merely speculating but it's the same press who are reporting that Rafa is unhappy that reported on the Chinese investment. Why trust one story and not the other?

while i'm obviously not saying you're right this scenario would explain a lot aye

Guest chopey

while i'm obviously not saying you're right this scenario would explain a lot aye

Interesting theory.