Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Quite the pessimist aren't you? Can't blame you that much tbf. Anyway, a rumour! Yay. No idea why we're looking at another winger, mind.

EDIT: And this also. No idea what the source is, but please be Batshuayi...

It'll be someone like Baker or one of those CBs that came on v Arsenal rather than a Batshuayi.

Batshuayi would be perfect for us can't see it being him tho, he seems very much involved in their plans

As I see it, we have three functional problems in the transfer market:

1.Increased player valuations swallowing up what initially seemed like a modest transfer budget.

2. A need to ensure the club can afford its operating costs e.g. Wages

3. An over capacity squad with players on high wages and long contracts who we can't shift (they couldn't get a game in the championship)

There was talk of maybe 10 new players initially but I think we can downsize and do ok. All we really need now are a central midfielder, a number 10 and backup for Gayle and even with a small budget we could sign two £20m players here. If other players do eventually leave we can consider a replacement on a case by case basis.

Once we get to the new season, we will have a squad who have predominantly played together and won the league together, with a few refined improvements. Plus a superb manager.

A number of other clubs will either be drowned by mediocrity if quiet in transfer market or otherwise find their players aren't gelling or have come for the money.

We can get results against a lot of these teams especially up to January and we will be COMFORTABLY MID TABLE.

Comfortably mid table??.....i very much doubt it, as it is i think we are certs for the drop....lose Gayle and we won't score goals and even Gayle will do well if he hits 10+

desperately need another striker and number 10 to chip in with goals

I'll be very shocked if a fit Gayle hasn't scored near 10 by Christmas

Prepare to be shocked

We are a much more united team this time round despite lack of quality in areas, however we will comfortably be in a relegation battle if we don't bring more players in. I actually think Gayle, Ritchie and Shelvey will have a good season but if any are injured we lack good enough replacements and are severely short in centre mid and up front.

I reckon Gayle will get 10-12 over the season, he will struggle to get that by Jan, so we need goals from elsewhere as well

It'll be someone like Baker or one of those CBs that came on v Arsenal rather than a Batshuayi.

Why do you say that?

I think he'll either stay or have better offers.

Fabregas recently said it's Moratta and Bats as the main strikers. We're not getting him. Would love it if we did he's a ridiculous prospect.

Why do you say that?

I think he'll either stay or have better offers.

Fabregas recently said it's Moratta and Bats as the main strikers. We're not getting him. Would love it if we did he's a ridiculous prospect.

Wouldn't pay attention to that, means nothing and players say stuff in pre season all the time.

Quite the pessimist aren't you? Can't blame you that much tbf. Anyway, a rumour! Yay. No idea why we're looking at another winger, mind.

This is what it says on the Chronicle site...

But Liverpool are said to have been angered by Newcastle’s approach to the original Ojo negotiations and have therefore told Newcastle that a loan deal is not available to them. If Newcastle want Ojo, they’ve reportedly been told they’ll have to stump up £10million to get him.

:lol:

But Liverpool are said to have been angered by Newcastle’s approach to the original Ojo negotiations and have therefore told Newcastle that a loan deal is not available to them. If Newcastle want Ojo, they’ve reportedly been told they’ll have to stump up £10million to get him.

What did we do in the loan negotiations to piss them off so bad? :lol:

What did we do in the loan negotiations to p*ss them off so bad? :lol:

Charnley proposed that Liverpool paid us for the deal

As I see it, we have three functional problems in the transfer market:

1.Increased player valuations swallowing up what initially seemed like a modest transfer budget.

2. A need to ensure the club can afford its operating costs e.g. Wages

3. An over capacity squad with players on high wages and long contracts who we can't shift (they couldn't get a game in the championship)

There was talk of maybe 10 new players initially but I think we can downsize and do ok. All we really need now are a central midfielder, a number 10 and backup for Gayle and even with a small budget we could sign two £20m players here. If other players do eventually leave we can consider a replacement on a case by case basis.

Once we get to the new season, we will have a squad who have predominantly played together and won the league together, with a few refined improvements. Plus a superb manager.

A number of other clubs will either be drowned by mediocrity if quiet in transfer market or otherwise find their players aren't gelling or have come for the money.

We can get results against a lot of these teams especially up to January and we will be COMFORTABLY MID TABLE.

Comfortably mid table??.....i very much doubt it, as it is i think we are certs for the drop....lose Gayle and we won't score goals and even Gayle will do well if he hits 10+

desperately need another striker and number 10 to chip in with goals

I'll be very shocked if a fit Gayle hasn't scored near 10 by Christmas

Prepare to be shocked

We are a much more united team this time round despite lack of quality in areas, however we will comfortably be in a relegation battle if we don't bring more players in. I actually think Gayle, Ritchie and Shelvey will have a good season but if any are injured we lack good enough replacements and are severely short in centre mid and up front.

I reckon Gayle will get 10-12 over the season, he will struggle to get that by Jan, so we need goals from elsewhere as well

Gayle definitely has the quality to get 15-20 in the Premier League IMO, just depends on how much support he gets from his team mates.