Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MA: get me promoted please.

RB: how much have I got?

MA: you’ll need to bring in 30m more than you spend to balance the books because I fucked up.

RB: no bother, there’s the title, we’re up.

MA: ok, now keep me in the pl.

RB: how much have I got?

MA: every penny we generate from promotion.

RB: sure?

MA: ...yep.....

MA: lol. 15m max. Mug.

RB:  :tongue:

Imagine any other manager having to persuade and convince the owner to spend a bit of cash to protect his own investment. Jesus fucking Christ.

Pressure now on Penfold to try and deliver 3 new faces by the end of the month with a budget of slazenger socks and donnay training tops. What's Shefki Kuqi up to these days?

I'd wager both of the other promoted clubs will outspend us by eight figures this window. Again.

But Leeds, Portsmouth, Ashley saved the club, Keegan wanted to spend 200 million on Beckham, we finished 5th once don't you know.

18th of January and no transfers appear to be close.

Takeover aside this is absolutely criminal, when we go on another bad run and possibly get relegated I hope people remember these transfer windows before assigning blame.

As a positive spin on this, our signings always seem to come out of nowhere. Rarely are they picked up more than a day or two before being announced.

Rafa clearly sees it as a vital position.

I was talking to a lad at football last night who said he played a few games with an ex-pro GK who was on his way down the leagues. He said he's never experienced anything like it - constant talking, shouting, organising, encouragement etc. Different to any other keeper he'd ever played in front of.

I haven't played much 11 a side but I guess a really intelligent, vocal goalkeeper can be invaluable.

Rafa clearly sees it as a vital position.

I was talking to a lad at football last night who said he played a few games with an ex-pro GK who was on his way down the leagues. He said he's never experienced anything like it - constant talking, shouting, organising, encouragement etc. Different to any other keeper he'd ever played in front of.

I haven't played much 11 a side but I guess a really intelligent, vocal goalkeeper can be invaluable.

Agree. Would be absolutely staggered if Dubravka is an invaluable keeper given his career up to this point.