Euro 2016 trouble - Russia handed suspended disqualification by UEFA

bowlingcrofty

A couple of minutes later, a lone motorcyclist returned and began to goad the supporters. His efforts were halted in emphatic fashion when a red-shirted English fan sprinted toward his slowly circling bike and kicked him out of the saddle and onto the ground.

Brings a tear to your eye.

Good read though. After the initial reports which looked bad for us everything else looks 'good'.

Just awful scenes from a lot of different countries 'fans'

This is gonna be an ugly tournament for this stuff by the looks of it.

Organised groups from the eastern Bloc countries in particular, but the usual nutters from our lot and Germans etc.

How the hell do we stop this?

World Cup 2018 is going to be horrendous

Awful to watch the video clips. It's one thing having a fight but for 10+ people to kick a man continuously in the head while he's lying on the floor is as disgusting as it gets. Why are the police not arresting anyone (English or otherwise)? Surely better to arrest and detain a bunch of thugs rather than spray tear gas and hope they disperse

Organised groups from the eastern Bloc countries in particular, but the usual nutters from our lot and Germans etc.

Zero tolerance.

Alcohol banned in fan zones. Can see why they've done it but punishing the majority of decent fans.

dry towns on match day would put a stop to it tbh.

Not if Russian gangs are turning up for a ruck.

Zero tolerance.

What would that mean for you?

Bans for nations? Tickets only for games and no fanzones etc?

Seems to be very well organised in parts and am I right in saying that many of these 'ultra' groups have official or semi official links to some clubs? (Locomotiv Moscow for instance).

Need to root it out at that level.

Alcohol banned in fan zones. Can see why they've done it but punishing the majority of decent fans.

dry towns on match day would put a stop to it tbh.

Not if Russian gangs are turning up for a ruck.

valid point- but they wont come across large open areas of people drinking at chairs and tables?

Zero tolerance.

Seems to be very well organised in parts and am I right in saying that many of these 'ultra' groups have official or semi official links to some clubs? (Locomotiv Moscow for instance).

I'm not saying it's right, what is?  But I'd say I'm at a stage now where I am more than sympathetic to the idea of teams being removed, and if that includes us, then we can't say we've not had enough chances down the years. 

O0

Agree.

Just hate the fact that these events, that the likes of us would go to , enjoy and have a ball at are utterly destroyed by people who aren't even arsed about the game of football.

Fanzones scrapped for me would maybe help too, not fair but as you say nothing really is as it hits the real footy fans of everywhere, but we have to stop the risk of innocent bairns, women and blokes getting seriously hurt.

Needs to be concerted effort by nations fans themselves to root out these arseholes as well. Just like the Tartan army did a few years back.

Zero tolerance.

I'm not saying it's right, what is?  But I'd say I'm at a stage now where I am more than sympathetic to the idea of teams being removed, and if that includes us, then we can't say we've not had enough chances down the years.

yeah not sure that removing a team will actually solve anything, not like these morons who are looking for trouble are going to just go "oh well ok I'll go home now" and frankly the idea of punishing the 99.9% of people who aren't causing any bother by kicking out teams thats just wrong imho.

Not that I expect any action from UEFA its an empty threat there is no way in hell they are going to remove anyone

Zero tolerance.

yeah not sure that removing a team will actually solve anything, not like these morons who are looking for trouble are going to just go "oh well ok I'll go home now" and frankly the idea of punishing the 99.9% of people who aren't causing any bother by kicking out teams thats just wrong imho.

Not that I expect any action from UEFA its an empty threat there is no way in hell they are going to remove anyone

It'll stop them when we can't enter subsequent tournaments. 

Guest The Little Waster

The morons who use these tournaments to cause havoc should be identified and then shot ... 100 per cent of dead morons no longer cause trouble ... with the added bonus that they no longer get to beat their wives n kids ...

The morons who use these tournaments to cause havoc should be identified and then shot ... 100 per cent of dead morons no longer cause trouble ... with the added bonus that they no longer get to beat their wives n kids ...

reads like an smb debate that like

Guest The Little Waster

These cunts deserve to die , theyre the same fuckheads you always see at away games chanting no surrender to the ira ...they couldnt give a fuck about football , their family tree is a stump and they need to be wiped out :  )