Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

sigh... really Dave ?:

39. Posted by Dave on

31 Jan 2018 23:46

The quote in the banner is daft. It's _not_ the fans' club, it's Mike Ashley's. If they want it to be theirs, they need to come up with the money to buy it. A bit less moaning and a bit more organising and they could have bought him out by now - the sums involved aren't that much, none of us individually have that kind of cash, but 100k fans together is a different story.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42799047

sigh... really Dave ?:

39. Posted by Dave on

31 Jan 2018 23:46

The quote in the banner is daft. It's _not_ the fans' club, it's Mike Ashley's. If they want it to be theirs, they need to come up with the money to buy it. A bit less moaning and a bit more organising and they could have bought him out by now - the sums involved aren't that much, none of us individually have that kind of cash, but 100k fans together is a different story.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42799047

:lol:

Guest firetotheworks

:lol:

I love the banner but I don't know if I agree with the sentiment that we should keep supporting no matter what.

:thup:

Yeah, I don't agree with it at all, but I imagine you're never going to get a banner that everyone agrees with.

EDIT: Obviously by supporting, I mean attending matches.

As dramatic as it sounds I was proud of our fan base seeing that banner unfurled last night. If we’re going to stay up we need to be united and behind the team 100%. All week I’ve seen someone on my timeline retweeting all the devisive, self-important and arrogant stuff Michael Martin and others have been spouting as if they’re some sort of martyr or superior fan. I’m not sure what the answer is to change ownership but creating divisions in our fan base isn’t the way to go.

Credit to Wor Flags and everyone involved in making that. You’re a credit to our club.