Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

Okay, so now you've all had you're say, and everyone on social media is having their say, and all will continue to have their say until after the game finishes tomorrow on what we did or didn't do, I'll have my say.

I was being a WUM and deliberately did so because it was evident on here how the majority lean. The reaction was by and large as I expected so my plan worked :lol:

This week and recent weeks with costs of living escalating and more people being put into poverty etc. Has seen some of the most difficult discussions regarding displays that the group has ever had. We have come through some passionate discussion and reached a democratic decision that will no doubt leave some pleased and some disappointed.

Nonetheless, I want to make people aware - tonight approximately 100 working hours to achieve 'sitting on the fence' so I won't have it called 'pathetic' simple as that. Be fucked off if you wish, hell, I wanted a display for HRH, my Queen, a highly financially priveleged servant to our people, but don't stretch it to needless comments like that.

I'm not saying the above for plaudits despite how people may see that. I'm saying it for justification. If our group cannot have a strong majority in favour of a display it doesn't happen, it is somewhat democratic and it somewhat works. Every individual can make their own commemoration tomorrow or can simply be respectful to those around them who wish to do just that.

Despite it being fun to read, I think some of the comments and speculation has been a bit laughable on here this afternoon. Proper toys out the pram stuff.

It fucks me off tbh in wider society. The 'liberal' left who don't accept any views other than those who share that same view. Bizarre. Then you have the right and far right... Fuck me. I think I'll stick to debating who are best all time 11 is. 

I’m neither ashamed nor proud to be British - I had nothing to do with where I was born.

I’m happy to have been born British though - there are many places around the world which, had I been born there, my life opportunities would have been significantly worsened.  And there are some (fewer) places where my life would have been better - that’s why I emigrated. 

15 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

That sentence fell off a cliff in the second half like. :lol: We're undeniably in the shit in loads of ways, I don't think you need to be anywhere near left wing to recognise that.

I'm not disputing the state the country is in. I'm disputing that some will simply tell their favourite parts of history simply to make a stance rather than accepting good AND bad. That's the same on both sides. 

14 minutes ago, Heron said:

I'm not disputing the state the country is in. I'm disputing that some will simply tell their favourite parts of history simply to make a stance rather than accepting good AND bad. That's the same on both sides. 

Yeah maybe the things to be proud of aren't heard enough but they are celebrated. There's not a gala in Durham every year for nothing.

3 minutes ago, Heron said:

Loads of twitter comments "fan funded - should have went to vote". Then we'd be like the Trust and get shit done every 9 months not 9 days.

I kna we're not above criticism but fuck me. 

Just crack on man… you’re all doing a great job. Glad you sat on the fence with this one. The country doesn’t need any more forced mourning.

21 minutes ago, Heron said:

Okay, so now you've all had you're say, and everyone on social media is having their say, and all will continue to have their say until after the game finishes tomorrow on what we did or didn't do, I'll have my say.

I was being a WUM and deliberately did so because it was evident on here how the majority lean. The reaction was by and large as I expected so my plan worked :lol:

This week and recent weeks with costs of living escalating and more people being put into poverty etc. Has seen some of the most difficult discussions regarding displays that the group has ever had. We have come through some passionate discussion and reached a democratic decision that will no doubt leave some pleased and some disappointed.

Nonetheless, I want to make people aware - tonight approximately 100 working hours to achieve 'sitting on the fence' so I won't have it called 'pathetic' simple as that. Be fucked off if you wish, hell, I wanted a display for HRH, my Queen, a highly financially priveleged servant to our people, but don't stretch it to needless comments like that.

I'm not saying the above for plaudits despite how people may see that. I'm saying it for justification. If our group cannot have a strong majority in favour of a display it doesn't happen, it is somewhat democratic and it somewhat works. Every individual can make their own commemoration tomorrow or can simply be respectful to those around them who wish to do just that.

Despite it being fun to read, I think some of the comments and speculation has been a bit laughable on here this afternoon. Proper toys out the pram stuff.

It fucks me off tbh in wider society. The 'liberal' left who don't accept any views other than those who share that same view. Bizarre. Then you have the right and far right... Fuck me. I think I'll stick to debating who are best all time 11 is. 

Divn't hoy liberals in with the left, :lol:  neither group likes being associated with the other.

4 minutes ago, Heron said:

Loads of twitter comments "fan funded - should have went to vote". Then we'd be like the Trust and get shit done every 9 months not 9 days.

Think of it this way, you couldn't have possibly won with everyone. The option you've gone with probably has the least collateral damage.

5 minutes ago, Heron said:

I don't have a horse in the race (other than loving NUFC obviously) but y'all are doing the right thing. It was going to be a damned if you do, damned if you don't. Sitting this one out was the right move.

Gutted there's no flags because I'm taking my mum for the first time in 28 years and the WF work is a massive reason for why she was so keen to go, but I don't blame the group. I blame whatever cultural forces are at play that have made it so WF's only sensible decision is to do nothing, for fear of backlash. A difficult position for Heron et al, obviously. I don't think many in the ground would've been bothered if they just did their usual thing like, but whatever. At least this will all be over by Tuesday.

What a poxy little WUM you were this morning, mind. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Gutted there's no flags because I'm taking my mum for the first time in 28 years and the WF work is a massive reason for why she was so keen to go, but I don't blame the group. I blame whatever cultural forces are at play that have made it so WF's only sensible decision is to do nothing, for fear of backlash. A difficult position for Heron et al, obviously. I don't think many in the ground would've been bothered if they just did their usual thing like, but whatever. At least this will all be over by Tuesday.

What a poxy little WUM you were this morning, mind. :lol:

It definitely worked :lol:

There are other things we have considered too. Such as the Brentford display and the gap for the Rugby World Cup game etc. It made practical and moral sense. Besides, we're havinga stock check/reorganise. 

6 hours ago, Heron said:

I'm glad you posted this.

It's pretty much how I feel. It's bizarre because on the one hand N-O is my favourite place and somewhere which I learn so much but on the other hand it's lefty looney city centre.

Honestly the far left is the lesser of the two evils compared to the racist bulldogs on the right but never a day shall pass when someone on the left can't tell you where you are going wrong in life, or teach you some morals or remind you of who are the real victims in society.

I learned to look at the political sphere through the lense of ying and yang or order and chaos if you will. Without the morons on the far left holding a mirror up, ultimately the goones on the right get a free pass to bully and suppress people. On the other hand, without those on the right, we have no tradition, no discipline, no order. Of course this is incredibly generalised but its kind of my mantra and why I steer myself through the middle.

Edited by STM

The ancient duality of yang and yang, or order and chaos if you will :ben:

Right decision from them ultimately. Stuck between a rock and a hard place and this is the decision that ultimately causes the least hysteria.

You have to pray for the doylems on Twitter absolutely baffled as to why we aren’t doing a Rangers-style worship session.

Guest reefatoon
17 hours ago, UncleBingo said:

Honestly might sack the match off tomorrow, if we're going down the mourning, fawning serfdom route.

[emoji38] Just go and watch the match man you wet blart.

1 hour ago, STM said:

I'm glad you posted this.

It's pretty much how I feel. It's bizarre because on the one hand N-O is my favourite place and somewhere which I learn so much but on the other hand it's lefty looney city centre.

Honestly the far left is the lesser of the two evils compared to the racist bulldogs on the right but never a day shall pass when someone on the left can't tell you where you are going wrong in life, or teach you some morals or remind you of who are the real victims in society.

I learned to look at the political sphere through the lense of ying and yang or order and chaos if you will. Without the morons on the far left holding a mirror up, ultimately the goones on the right get a free pass to bully and suppress people. On the other hand, without those on the right, we have no tradition, no discipline, no order. Of course this is incredibly generalised but its kind of my mantra and why I steer myself through the middle.

:thup:

I like to think of it all as a pendulem swing. As soon as it swings too far either side you'll achieve an almost equal and opposite reaction. So the less you swing it then the more likely you are to find an equalibrium and a state of relative peace.

Right now shits getting polarised and social media and the actual media don't help. 

Edited by Heron

7 hours ago, Heron said:

There’s clearly a few Derek Hatton wannabe’s on this forum, nothing wrong with being to the centre or leaning to the right. I find this is a place where the minority shout loudest and much like social media what you might think is the majority is far from it in the real world. 

Nowt wrong with having a differing view or being a republican, but I hope anyone disrespecting the Queen this afternoon gets a royal kicking from those around them. Never prouder to be British and god save the King.