Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

Not sure why they are getting their knickers in a twist about whether or not WF is fan funded ENTIRELY.

Yes the club may donate to big displays, they benefit from it as owners. Just makes total sense to back your club [emoji38]

But the fact they think it isn't fan funded is just fucking tin foil hat stuff. My direct debit for the last 2 years or so is testament.

Unless heron and the lads are just pocketing the cash and getting club bungs, never really was one for scrutinising my own spending tbf[emoji38]

The main issue they have here is, their own club are making it near impossible to organise and sign off on displays, and their own fans are so vehemently against any mag behaviour or doing anything themselves that it has fell flat on its arse.

27 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Not sure why they are getting their knickers in a twist about whether or not WF is fan funded ENTIRELY.

Yes the club may donate to big displays, they benefit from it as owners. Just makes total sense to back your club [emoji38]

But the fact they think it isn't fan funded is just fucking tin foil hat stuff. My direct debit for the last 2 years or so is testament.

Unless heron and the lads are just pocketing the cash and getting club bungs, never really was one for scrutinising my own spending tbf[emoji38]

The main issue they have here is, their own club are making it near impossible to organise and sign off on displays, and their own fans are so vehemently against any mag behaviour or doing anything themselves that it has fell flat on its arse.

does seem to be wearing new trainers every home game

4 hours ago, NE27 said:

Criticising your owners was mag behaviour in the Ashley days too - proper fans gratefully accept their club dropping down two divisions. They're in a right bind.

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/01/2024 at 20:27, PauloGeordio said:

Fook me it’s the KKK [emoji38]

IMG_7878.thumb.jpeg.2581e82135a58b46aeab829b7a280ccc.jpeg

😂 Ah! The interestingly inclusive Fulham,  they’ve a broad fan base: from Egyptian billionaires to Tennessee terrorists. Is the club song not 🎶 We are  the world, 🎶  (…with nod to their other niche market). 

48 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

IMG_7878.thumb.jpeg.2581e82135a58b46aeab829b7a280ccc.jpeg

😂 Ah! The interestingly inclusive Fulham,  they’ve a broad fan base: from Egyptian billionaires to Tennessee terrorists. Is the club song not 🎶 We are  the world, 🎶  (…with nod to their other niche market). 

Is the Jacko the Nonce statue still there?

Liked the Len White banner. An incredibly underappreciated figure in our history. Is still my granddad's favourite ever player of ours, remarked at the Man Utd game at home last season that he has never enjoyed watching a striker as much as him.  Though Isak ran him pretty close. Similar playstyles apparently. Gutted there's next to no footage of him.

• 4 weeks later...

Not our best display or even in amongst the top 10 but hopefully a poignant message at a good time with what the club were doing re. Knopfler.

• 4 weeks later...

Sometimes the simplicity of the right message at the right time is most important:

🗣️ Eddie Howe on Wor Flags display.

“When I saw that, trust me, that makes a difference. I saw that and I had a really warm feeling and real positive outlook after that show of appreciation.

"It means a lot to me and to Jason (Tindall) and to the whole coaching team to retain the support of the supporters who are the most important people at any football club, and we will endeavour to work as hard as we can to bring long-term success here."

Makes me well pleased reading quotes such as this. Of course he's always gonna be pleased and say positive things so I'm under no illusions, but I think it absolutely has the effect we wanted when social media and mainstream media perhaps suggests otherwise.

Edited by Heron

2 minutes ago, Heron said:

Sometimes the simplicity of the right message at the right time is most important:

🗣️ Eddie Howe on Wor Flags display.

“When I saw that, trust me, that makes a difference. I saw that and I had a really warm feeling and real positive outlook after that show of appreciation.

"It means a lot to me and to Jason (Tindall) and to the whole coaching team to retain the support of the supporters who are the most important people at any football club, and we will endeavour to work as hard as we can to bring long-term success here."

Makes me well pleased reading quotes susch as this. Of course he's always gonna be pleased and say positive things so im under no illusions, but I think it absolutely has the effect we wanted when social media and mainstream media perhaps suggests otherwise.

Mate, he means it, the displays are tremendous and a credit to you all 

1 minute ago, Heron said:

Makes me well pleased reading quotes susch as this. Of course he's always gonna be pleased and say positive things so im under no illusions, but I think it absolutely has the effect we wanted when social media and mainstream media perhaps suggests otherwise.

100%, the work you and the others do isn’t some gimmick. It has real emotion behind it and it carries the feelings of the wider fanbase (even if there are a fair few buffoons in that). Football can feel impersonal sometimes when you see players trotting out cliches in interviews and you rarely get to see stuff that cuts through but having a flag, a chant, a cheer that bears your name is really powerful.

We all have shit days, imagine feeling like shit and then you look up and see something that shows how much you’re loved by complete strangers. Must lift you beyond belief 

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

100%, the work you and the others do isn’t some gimmick. It has real emotion behind it and it carries the feelings of the wider fanbase (even if there are a fair few buffoons in that). Football can feel impersonal sometimes when you see players trotting out cliches in interviews and you rarely get to see stuff that cuts through but having a flag, a chant, a cheer that bears your name is really powerful.

We all have shit days, imagine feeling like shit and then you look up and see something that shows how much you’re loved by complete strangers. Must lift you beyond belief 

Aye, in recent times I remember Dan Burns goal against Leicester. He made a decent tackle and the crowd started his song off, it got louder and louder then he went that radge run and scored. Could tell it really picked him up like and he was ready to run through walls all of a sudden. When he scored it was absolutely lush.

Class that Heza.

I know we’ve spoken about it loads on here and social media, and appreciate it isn’t flag related, but can you please release something about people shouting “TOON” after “YANITED”?

It sounds utterly shit. Would love to hear the Gallowgate in unison chanting it properly.