Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

I feel like these guys consistently get the displays right and are clearly ran by proper well meaning fans full of positivity. The timing of the Joelinton and ASM ones couldn’t have been better this season. 

I honestly think they’re up there with the new owners and manger for the improvement in atmosphere around the ground. 

Much respect to you all!

There's been many great things since the takeover but having these beautiful lot back is right up there!

They help create the best atmosphere in England! There is nowhere currently better!

Guest HTT II
56 minutes ago, St1pe said:

I feel like these guys consistently get the displays right and are clearly ran by proper well meaning fans full of positivity. The timing of the Joelinton and ASM ones couldn’t have been better this season. 

I honestly think they’re up there with the new owners and manger for the improvement in atmosphere around the ground. 

Much respect to you all!

They ARE the reason for the atmosphere and always were under Rafa.

4 minutes ago, jack j said:

As mint as the flags are the atmosphere in general is still flat quite alot of the time imo. Decent before a game and after but still lacking throughout...imo

thats harsh. there were 5 minute periods maximum where it went quiet but the majority of the time it was good, and a lot of the time it was fucking great last night. 

2 minutes ago, jack j said:

As mint as the flags are the atmosphere in general is still flat quite alot of the time imo. Decent before a game and after but still lacking throughout...imo

depends when you sit. the corner is always decent, everywhere else is pretty much a library. the whole Gallowgate needs to be safe standing, shift any day trippers and old farts somewhere else.

might sound harsh, but the amount of kids on ipads and old women with shopping bags is ridiculous. total waste of a ticket. should have to pass a test to qualify getting in. name at least 5 of the current squad or something. reckon we'd be down to 30k straight off the bat :lol:

4 minutes ago, huss9 said:

thats harsh. there were 5 minute periods maximum where it went quiet but the majority of the time it was good, and a lot of the time it was fucking great last night. 

Agree with that, it’s only just before and just after half time last night that it was quiet 

1 hour ago, jack j said:

I think you’re right in general, though I do think last night sounded tremendous throughout for once. The Wolves and Leicester games weren’t great for the majority, but when the ground does get going nothing compares anywhere.

I still think to generate a constant din, the Leazes Curva Nord singing section would be a welcome return.

1 hour ago, jack j said:

Bloke covering it for Five Live said "“the atmosphere here has been brilliant, its felt like a Champions League match at times”

nowhere is booming all the time every game, wasn't even like that under Keegan, but comparatively it was by far the best then and probably is now.

1 hour ago, HUGZ said:

depends when you sit. the corner is always decent, everywhere else is pretty much a library. the whole Gallowgate needs to be safe standing, shift any day trippers and old farts somewhere else.

might sound harsh, but the amount of kids on ipads and old women with shopping bags is ridiculous. total waste of a ticket. should have to pass a test to qualify getting in. name at least 5 of the current squad or something. reckon we'd be down to 30k straight off the bat :lol:

Middle tier of the Gallowgate is a problem. We were in the Upper Tier last night and it's very noticeable from there. You have the corner which comes across excellent then you have the lower and upper tiers getting up off their seats singing but the majority of the middle (which probably has  95% season ticket occupancy) just sit there and don't get involved.

Another bugbear of mine is the "United" chant. Why shout "Toon" in between? It was always 3 claps in between which sounds much better, see below....

https://youtu.be/u_1usHbNj8g

12 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

Middle tier of the Gallowgate is a problem. We were in the Upper Tier last night and it's very noticeable from there. You have the corner which comes across excellent then you have the lower and upper tiers getting up off their seats singing but the majority of the middle (which probably has  95% season ticket occupancy) just sit there and don't get involved.

Another bugbear of mine is the "United" chant. Why shout "Toon" in between? It was always 3 claps in between which sounds much better, see below....

https://youtu.be/u_1usHbNj8g

the benefit to not having a season ticket but still attending every game (since the takeover, of course) has meant I've managed to experience the Gallowgate upper, mid, lower, and both corners. It'd be nice to have options, but unfortunately nothing comes close to The Corner™ in terms of what I want from going to the match.

gonna slit my wrists when the only season tickets available are in the Milburn or Leazes :anguish:

8 minutes ago, HUGZ said:

the benefit to not having a season ticket but still attending every game (since the takeover, of course) has meant I've managed to experience the Gallowgate upper, mid, lower, and both corners. It'd be nice to have options, but unfortunately nothing comes close to The Corner™ in terms of what I want from going to the match.

gonna slit my wrists when the only season tickets available are in the Milburn or Leazes :anguish:

That's my worry. As much as I want my ST back if it's not the Gallowgate I'm not sure if I'd want one. Wouldn't mind the East Stand as long as it's in the closest block to the Gallowgate but the thought of Level 7, the Leazes of Milburn Stand doesn't appeal anywhere as near as much.

2 hours ago, HUGZ said:

I was thinking along these lines during the game yesterday just didn’t want to be the first to say it 🙂 With me getting tickets for various parts of the ground these last several games there is a noticeable dip in atmosphere in large parts of the ground.

Game attendees has changed over the decades for sure. Family’s, Couples, OAPs, Post shoppers. STs should be sent out a survey and then bunch them all together on the upper tiers and get those saying they’ll be more vocal bunched up. This would happen naturally before all seater stadiums. 

Have a stadium monitor roaming around suitability testing everyone and serving anyone sitting quiet in the original 36k areas a seat exchange notice 🤣 

I got a free ticket in the Platinum Club, right next to the Directors Box last night.

Wonderful view, and I could pre order a pint for half time. Other than that, dreadful experience. Didn’t feel comfortable standing up on an attack, not singing (obviously) until the end. That privilege costs you £950pa. 

Safe standing in the Leazes and/or Gallowgate would make a huge difference. It’s fair game if you’ve got a ST in recent years, fair play. But i do think a lot of the old guard/singers could well be locked out forevermore depending on how general sale goes. Personally? I want to be singing and standing for the majority of the game - and the corner is the only regular outlet for that - and there’s no way you’re getting in there. Im surprised it’s not spread more either side tbh, though I did notice more standing further down the Corner into the Lower levels which is good.

Edited by TheGuv

2 hours ago, HUGZ said:

My season ticket is in the corner. I wasn't there last night as I was working but just meant In general. Even since the takeover I've come out and thought that was unreal. Then Watched the highlights and all you hear is the away fans 90% of the game. Don't want to sound a whiny cunt like. I love the flags and what them lads have done of their own back is unreal but still think the atmosphere could be so much better

Don't mean thats for them to sort mind just posting it on this thread

Edited by jack j

safe standing would improve things dramatically. if only to shift the more passive fans elsewhere.

speaking of atmosphere, and the mackems saying it's manufactured... when it comes to the flags they're dead wrong (shock) - but I do feel a bit like that when it comes to the PA and music. I wish he'd learn to read the crowd, and keep the music off after a big win, to let the fans celebrate organically. last night was a perfect opportunity to sing a few Howe songs for example, and show our appreciation. instead we got Primal Scream and Hey Jude again.

meh, might sound nitpicky, and of course it's minor in the grand scheme of things, I just want things to be even minter!

13 minutes ago, HUGZ said:

I wish he'd learn to read the crowd, and keep the music off after a big win, to let the fans celebrate organically. last night was a perfect opportunity to sing a few Howe songs for example, and show our appreciation. instead we got Primal Scream and Hey Jude again.

meh, might sound nitpicky, and of course it's minor in the grand scheme of things, I just want things to be even minter!

100% agree and I’ve posted this a few times. There’s work to be done on the match day experience. In certain sections the music is painfully loud pre match.

3 hours ago, jack j said:

I sit in strawberry corner and it was great in there. It always is to be honest.

23 minutes ago, HUGZ said:

safe standing would improve things dramatically. if only to shift the more passive fans elsewhere.

speaking of atmosphere, and the mackems saying it's manufactured... when it comes to the flags they're dead wrong (shock) - but I do feel a bit like that when it comes to the PA and music. I wish he'd learn to read the crowd, and keep the music off after a big win, to let the fans celebrate organically. last night was a perfect opportunity to sing a few Howe songs for example, and show our appreciation. instead we got Primal Scream and Hey Jude again.

Yeah, any atmosphere before or after the game hasn’t got a chance of developing with the music blasting out. At least give it 5 mins after the final whistle before drowning the crowd out.