Dwight Gayle (now playing for Derby County)

astraguy

How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?  

656 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?

• Delighted
    • Happy
    • Mixed emotions
    • Unhappy
    • The club is a joke

Gayle should get them promoted. Surely that's worth more than £15m? I'd try and stretch it to £18-£20m.

Yep. Selling him is stupid enough, not getting market value (for an English striker with unrealized potential due to constantly moving around or lack of usage) and not squeezing every last penny out of the buying club is downright incompetent.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Clearly our bonus consolation for signing no-one tomorrow when the club announcel through media that Dwight Gayle is staying. Wouldn't surprise me if this was club smokescreen all the way.

Like a new signing

Tomorrow is going to be awful

Yep - for me this is one of the worst windows as we've a world class manager and yet we are just flushing this opportunity down the toilet.

Flushing what opportunity down the toilet? The only opportunity here is for the club to spend even less on the squad BECAUSE we've got a world class manager. Everything's going exactly as we all thought it would. Gayle will be gone, we'll get someone in on loan to 'cover'. Welcome to supporting Newcastle Direct.

Yep - for me this is one of the worst windows as we've a world class manager and yet we are just flushing this opportunity down the toilet.

Flushing what opportunity down the toilet? The only opportunity here is for the club to spend even less on the squad BECAUSE we've got a world class manager. Everything's going exactly as we all thought it would. Gayle will be gone, we'll get someone in on loan to 'cover'. Welcome to supporting Newcastle Direct.

:serious:

:serious:

There are no opportunities for this club to have success again with MA in charge, if that's what you're referring to... enjoy anything that you can, while you can. When we finished 5th in the PL last time, we bought Vurnon Anita, that's it. It's why I for one treasured being able to see HBA for us, because that was the best it was ever going to be.

This is it, like. Ashley thinks he knows better than everyone else, his position will be 'Why do you need better players?'. He hates anyone who stands up to his bullying tactics and wants paying according to their skills. Hence why we've had a succession of cheap players and managers and undercooked squads before somehow ending up with Benitez, only because he thought it might keep us up or take us back up. It worked.

He literally couldn't give a fuck if Rafa walks. And he'll make money out of it.