Dwight Gayle (now playing for Derby County)

astraguy

How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?  

656 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?

• Delighted
    • Happy
    • Mixed emotions
    • Unhappy
    • The club is a joke

I thought he did OK when came on. Shows what a no nowt nonce I am.

I thought he looked okay as well, quite surprised to see him getting slated in the match thread. certainly better than recent games.

Guest milburn990

What he and Joselu have now proven is that Mitro surely should be given a chance. i dont think any of them should be given the number 9 shirt, at this level they are all lacking. Oh for the days of Sir Les and Shearer.......we were spoilt for choice then. I'm sure Rafa will try and solve this problem when money becomes available.....big money is needed here.

Guest milburn990

I thought Joselu generally did ok yesterday and held ball up well. Id much rather see Mitrovic get a chance though and a sustained run in the team. Otherwise we might as well flog him

You're right that Joselu did ok but he should only be a squad player if we want to succeed.

I thought he looked okay as well, quite surprised to see him getting slated in the match thread. certainly better than recent games.

You didn’t notice he was basically crippled after about 10 minutes?

I think he just doesnt suit us now as a team. Holding the ball up, making it stick or creating opportunities to win a 2nd ball seem more important at the moment plus we arent controlling games like we did. Obviously he isnt fit but I think hes still a good option for us and has goals in him at this level.

You didn’t notice he was basically crippled after about 10 minutes?

:lol: :thup:

Really bizarre how he can't even make a minor impact at this level, yet absolutely dominate the Championship.

Even last season he was getting criticised for his overall contribution, but his goals put an end to that. I think he desperately needs to score goals, right now he looks short of confidence, and he's only getting limited game time which doesn't help.

Don’t see how we can say anything about his impact until he’s not riddled with injuries.

I'm sure it was Brentford last year when his first proper injury happened (might be mistaken) but that was back in like January or something so he's had about 9 months of not being fully fit and picking up injuries which is a worry. How much longer do we give him?

I'd not give him much more time at all - we look worthless when he comes on; we haven't looked the part since Mitro came on for Joselu vs West Ham in terms of 2nd half striker impact. Also think Dwight's best attribute was his pace and movement, he looks heavier, slower, and sluggish - and we're not creating those chances for him anymore like we did in the Champo.