Dwight Gayle (now playing for Derby County)

astraguy

How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?  

656 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?

• Delighted
    • Happy
    • Mixed emotions
    • Unhappy
    • The club is a joke

He is not good enough for this level; i think most of us knew it from the start.

Not really. Quite a few were bleating on about his goals per minute record at Palace saying if he got a regular chance he'd score goals, when the reason he started so little was because he wasn't good enough to play week in, week out.

He is not good enough for this level; i think most of us knew it from the start.

Not really. Quite a few were bleating on about his goals per minute record at Palace when the reason he started so little was because he wasn't good enough to play week in, week out.

It's really a weird one. The chances he's missing he would put away comfortably in the championship.

Not really. Quite a few were bleating on about his goals per minute record at Palace when the reason he started so little was because he wasn't good enough to play week in, week out.

It's really a weird one. The chances he's missing he would put away comfortably in the championship.

Are the goals smaller in the Premiership?

He's just not good enough man. His touch is average. Upgrade required!

IMHO he was brought to win the championship then be replaced, rafa was fucked over and he stayed. as said before hes not upto the standard but i belive we were told this when we brought him. i love his eyes but his hair not so much.

Because  of his goals in the champ i wish it had worked because he was excellent back then and it must slap your confidence not being "that striker" scoring the goals

Confidence.

Plus he gets a lot less time, opportunity and better goalkeeping in the PL.

he's not good enough, we've known this for some time, but lets say rafa gets his first choice striker in slimani (or whoever) there's no chance whatsoever he also gets an upgrade on gayle with ashley in charge therefore i can see him being 2nd choice next season

as long as he's not starting half our games or something i'd be ok with it, his game has developed a bit imo and he's not the worst backup in the world

Seems to do everything right except score. It's been the story with every cut-price striker we've signed under Ashley :lol:

With him though, it simply has to be confidence. If he can fix that mental thing, I really think he can get upto 6-10 goals a season as a backup striker in this team. He's already got 5.

Seems to do everything right except score. It's been the story with every cut-price striker we've signed under Ashley :lol:

With him though, it simply has to be confidence. If he can fix that mental thing, I really think he can get upto 6-10 goals a season as a backup striker in this team. He's already got 5.

I think this might just be one of those seasons for him. He's never going to be a top striker, but even with those misses yesterday, his instincts were right, just didn't execute well. He'll score plenty of goals in the championship, just not enough about his game for the Premier.

• 4 weeks later...

The fact this thread is only at 17 pages shows how much of a nothing player Gayle is. Hope he's first out the door in summer, he's been stealing a wage for too long now.

Bit harsh.

I'm counting Colback as already gone. OK, Maybe Ciaran Clark first.

Interesting statistic, we've never won a game in which Gayle has scored this season. His impotence serves the tam well.

It is a crazy stat, but tbf to him, he's had been linking up well and a vital part in a few of the goals we've scored during a run of form.

Interesting statistic, we've never won a game in which Gayle has scored this season. His impotence serves the tam well.

It is a crazy stat, but tbf to him, he's had been linking up well and a vital part in a few of the goals we've scored during a run of form.

Yeah, I was only half joking. He's been vital to our attacking play. Due mostly to his understanding with Shelvey. We lost that last night.

The fact this thread is only at 17 pages shows how much of a nothing player Gayle is. Hope he's first out the door in summer, he's been stealing a wage for too long now.

Dwight would like an apology as he has 140 pages. He's also been involved in loads of our best attacking play and grabbed quite a few assists in the last dozen games.

But aye lets crucify the cunt.

He was a huge reason why went up last season, grafts and has played a part this season despite not getting the goals he should've done.

I don't want him starting for us next season, probably a squad player at best, but there are some players at the club that need clearing out well before Gayle.