Matt Ritchie: Released (Official)

Fenham Mag

The "Ritchie's staying 10 more years" song genuinely had me doubled up laughing when it first rang out. Say what you like about his shortcomings, but he got Newcastle.

17 minutes ago, TRon said:

The "Ritchie's staying 10 more years" song genuinely had me doubled up laughing when it first rang out. Say what you like about his shortcomings, but he got Newcastle.

Especially when he couldn’t get why the fans weren’t happy with Ashley.

Posted (edited)

He was a total professional - whilst he didn't play a lot I feel he definitely gave a lot off it.

Edited by duo

Remember that time he came on for a cameo, kicked it out of play for a corner and then we conceded. :sweetjesus:

Wish all the released players all the best.  There were no bad attitudes I gather, they tried.  Were not talking any Michael Owen's here.

Some would either have been released long ago or never here at all were we a remotely professionally ran organisation under the previous ownership so I don't blame them for anything.

Great servant for the club. Fantastic in getting us back up and helping us stay up in the years that followed. Hope he gets the move back to Portsmouth that he wants. 

1 hour ago, OCK said:

Remember that time he came on for a cameo, kicked it out of play for a corner and then we conceded. :sweetjesus:

Or when he came on for a cameo and equalised in the 92nd minute to secure a point at home against Bournemouth back in February.

Wouldn't have finished in front of Man Utd if it wasn't for that goal.

Posted (edited)

Will be missed and I class him in the same category of NUFC legends as some of the core players that took us back up the first time we got relegated back in 2009 and stayed up the season after.

Edited by Amir_9

He was arguably POTS in the Championship - great character, great servant and an absolute fruit-loop who called out Bruce exactly what he is!

Be part of a great quiz question in years to come too - the Burton pen!

Always remember Brentford away when Gordon was the subbed sub and had his mini-strop with Eddie.

Ritchie was the first one over to him at the final whistle to have a word. 😊

4 minutes ago, ennyoueffsea said:

Always remember Brentford away when Gordon was the subbed sub and had his mini-strop with Eddie.

Ritchie was the first one over to him at the final whistle to have a word. 😊

Think Isaac Hayden said Matt did more for the club/team than most realise.

Anyone else remember that 'welcome to the toon' video he did when he signed, and he was walking around the town with a camera guy and a interviewer, and they asked random passers by if they knew him? Was a right laugh :lol: