Matt Ritchie

Fenham Mag

Guest Howaythetoon

Everyone will look better when we stop shipping 3 goals a game because we cannot defend for s****.

I'm not going to blame Ritchie for being rinsed by Moses as he's not a left back.

He fell asleep and then made a rash challenge with Lejune covering. LB or not, it’s basic mistakes and piss poor from him.

Would like to see him kept there. I think he's got more potential for us in a role like this, as opposed to an attacking out and out winger.

I think he has to stay deep, if he goes too far forward he's not got the pace to get back if we get caught on the ball, which we do, a lot.

Everyone will look better when we stop shipping 3 goals a game because we cannot defend for s****.

I'm not going to blame Ritchie for being rinsed by Moses as he's not a left back.

He fell asleep and then made a rash challenge with Lejune covering. LB or not, it’s basic mistakes and piss poor from him.

Yeah he was shit, I'd place the blame at his door if he was flying back from RW to lunge in on a player in the box.

Guest Howaythetoon

What pissed me off was the number of balls he played back or sideways which always seemed to allow them to press and it’s becoming infuriating him remonstrating with his own team mates for minor mistakes when he’s made quite a few today.

Has he got any assists from open play? And if so, which ones?

I just don't think he's good enough in this league but I'm not going to call him a c*** or anything :lol:

I think he's good enough for this league but definitely a cunt. :lol:

I wouldn't be dropping Ritchie like. He's still one of our few players with genuine quality. He was playing effectively at full back today and whilst he made a few errors it's harsh to judge him too heavily on it imo. The whole team needs to find a bit more confidence and believe that we can attack sides and maintain pressure. When that's the case, Ritchie will begin to flourish again, I'm sure of it. Has plenty of assists in him but also goals, we just need to start getting in better, more advanced positions more regularly.

He went through a bad dip in form last year he needs to be left out but unfortunately Ashley has made the squad so weak that we probably can't afford to

The only time he went for a tackle he gave away a penalty, totally foolish for their second goal. If he backed off any more he'd be in the posh seats.

Didn't even need to tackle the covering def was arriving.

I wouldn't be dropping Ritchie like. He's still one of our few players with genuine quality. He was playing effectively at full back today and whilst he made a few errors it's harsh to judge him too heavily on it imo. The whole team needs to find a bit more confidence and believe that we can attack sides and maintain pressure. When that's the case, Ritchie will begin to flourish again, I'm sure of it. Has plenty of assists in him but also goals, we just need to start getting in better, more advanced positions more regularly.

If he's in advanced positions, that leaves the full back exposed because there's no way Ritchie can get back, just look at the goals we conceded against West Brom.

If he's in advanced positions, that leaves the full back exposed because there's no way Ritchie can get back, just look at the goals we conceded against West Brom.

He was more at fault for the Watford goals than the West Brom ones