Matt Ritchie

Fenham Mag

55 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I wonder if these mean we might be shifting Lascelles?

I think they'll both be moved on eventually, but I wonder if we're wary of getting rid of too many dressing room leaders at once. 

Really? [emoji38]

42 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

I thought he was pushing to leave last year? Seems strange he would just practically give up on playing football. Could do a great job for most Championship teams. 

I guess the club has transformed now, it must be a great place to work. And he's learning from a world-class manager. 

That might be better than a season playing football at the bottom of the Championship. TBH I'm not sure he even has the legs for that now, although he does have the technique. 

All you have to do is read what Longstaff had to say about Ritchie, and you'll instantly know why he's being kept around.

He'll probably end up being moved to the coaching staff if imagine.

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Do we need him for the UEFA home grown quota? I guess it depends what we're doing with Miley and Anderson. 

At the risk of boring everybody to death with this again, Miley and Anderson are irrelevant for now as they don't need to be named in the CL squad being under 21. 

The requirement for four club grown players isn't really that much of a deal, tbf. For example Man City only named 1 in Foden so the max they could have is 22 players named in their 25 man squad. They actually only named a 21 man squad - leaving one empty space completely in addition to the 3 missing club grown players. It matters little as they can rely on youngsters to step up from their youth set up. The likes of Palmer, Lewis etc for example don't even need to be named in a CL squad but effectively take their squad up to the 25.

Its a bigger issue for us right now because I suppose we don't have the academy quality coming through. But even so we could name a 22 man squad with just Longstaff named - and still rely on the likes of Miley, Anderson etc to step up. For if we also signed for example somebody like Lavia, or kept Kuol around, they'd also be able to play as the B list of U21 players is unlimited.

Edited by ponsaelius

16 minutes ago, SteV said:

Capology have got him as our 15th highest earner. And obviously he’d drop further if this new deal was at a lower rate.

Well if that sites figures are accurate then Wilson and Schar should be knocking the door down for rises, seeing as they're "only" on 46k and 40k a week respectively.

5 minutes ago, Beth said:

Well if that sites figures are accurate then Wilson and Schar should be knocking the door down for rises, seeing as they're "only" on 46k and 40k a week respectively.

All sites that quote wages are guesswork to some extent, but I guess the wages any player is on are usually relevant to the position they were in when they signed the contract.

Wilson had just been relegated with Bournemouth and was probably on a pretty low wage (by PL standards) there.

Schar’s I agree seems low given it was an extension he signed here.

Only other one that seems a bit out of whack is Targett on £100k. If that’s right his agent has done a top job for him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Miggy been here 5 years and Atlanta for 2 before that, How's he not speaking English yet. 

Sat on Altea beach watching that with the wife and I just said the very same. 

Even I can order a pint ffs

I'll always have loads of time for him. An integral part of that team that got us back up to the PL and whilst a few players have called Bruce out after his departure, he was the one player who called him out for what he was whilst he was still here.

Plus he's meant to be class for the dressing room.

Edited by Wallsendmag

16 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Miggy been here 5 years and Atlanta for 2 before that, How's he not speaking English yet. 

11 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Sat on Altea beach watching that with the wife and I just said the very same. 

Even I can order a pint ffs

He does it purely to spite you two.

6 hours ago, Deuce said:

He does it purely to spite you two.

Doesn't spite me pal, I may be in Altea atm cracking jovial remarks about Miggy's non English but I'm usually found 20mins south in a Bennas full of Brexit voting  Brits who can barely speak there own language never mind the one they're physically holidaying in

20 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Doesn't spite me pal, I may be in Altea atm cracking jovial remarks about Miggy's non English but I'm usually found 20mins south in a Bennas full of Brexit voting  Brits who can barely speak there own language never mind the one they're physically holidaying in

I’m not your pal, friend.

9 hours ago, Mazzy said:

Apparently he speaks enough to get by but doesn't want the hassle.

I hope that's true.