Matt Ritchie

Fenham Mag

20 hours ago, Myleftboot said:

If I was Elliot Anderson I wouldn’t have been happy Ritchie came on instead of me.

He was playing out the game with experience. Absolutely the right change.

Anderson may be young but needs to "do it". He hasn't yet.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I think the way Eddie treats his players like Ritchie will have a massive impact on the squad as a whole. Feeling valued is just about the best way of

building loyalty and connection. The lads must absolutely love playing for this club right now. They’re building a connection that will be there for a lifetime 

Trippier confirmed on the podcast the other day that Ritchie is in the leadership group, so I wouldn't be surprised at this point if we haven't seen the last of him. Harder to find a move if you're 34 and crocked as well like. :lol:

Shame for him, he deserves good things. If he'd somehow contrived to find the net for us one last time this season, it would have been a great moment. 

3 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Feels like there's always been whispers in the years he's been here that he'd like a move back down south

Wonder if someone like Plymouth would go for him

Think he’d do well there, but if it’s a case of being closer to home, Plymouth is only a couple of hours closer to his hometown than Newcastle is. It’s tucked away about as far into the SW as you can get without straying into Cornwall. 

I say this as someone who lives in Devon and it takes fucking forever to get anywhere :lol:

Down with a knee injury and straight into the backroom is literally Eddie and Tindall's story so I wouldn't be surprised to see Ritchie opting to hang it up and pursue his next chapter. Couldn't pick a better place to start.

31 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

Think he’d do well there, but if it’s a case of being closer to home, Plymouth is only a couple of hours closer to his hometown than Newcastle is. It’s tucked away about as far into the SW as you can get without straying into Cornwall. 

I say this as someone who lives in Devon and it takes fucking forever to get anywhere :lol:

Salcombe?