Matt Ritchie

Fenham Mag

We've got no money then.

Ritchie, Merino and Mbemba leave we're 4 players down on the first team squad that finished season.

Assuming Mitro isn’t sold asap.

If we had a different owner I would actually be all right with the 4 of them leaving. 2 of them basically didn’t play and the other (Merino) played sparingly during our best run.

If we sold all 4 and replaced them with 4 new players who could start, we could move some of the former starters to the bench. Thereby having a stronger squad.

If we had a different owner.

We have £40m to spend, plus the money from selling these 4, which should net us around £55m.

Almost £100m to spend on 4 or 5 players and we’d be good to go.

We've got no money then.

Ritchie, Merino and Mbemba leave we're 4 players down on the first team squad that finished season.

Assuming Mitro isn’t sold asap.

I don't think any of them will be sold unless Rafa is ok with it. Unless of course, we are just selling regardless of Rafa because we expect him to leave as well at the end of the season.

Two of them never played after January, one barely played after January, while the first-teamer is unlikely to improve. I trust Benitez to spend that £50-55m wisely.

Well that's nice of you.

Ashley doesn't.

Guest firetotheworks

Two of them never played after January, one barely played after January, while the first-teamer is unlikely to improve. I trust Benitez to spend that £50-55m wisely.

Walk like a panther, spend like an owl.

Ah yes, that well known expression.

Walk like a panther, spend like an owl.

Ah yes, that well known expression.

:lol: Isn't that just crawl stalk and don't? That's what we're doing already, isn't it?

I would rather he stay. Has the right mentality, which as we have seen over the years is rare. 

Also if he leaves, who takes our pens? Ayoze and Shelvey?

Kenedy! (or the new striker of course 😉)

I would rather he stay. Has the right mentality, which as we have seen over the years is rare. 

Also if he leaves, who takes our pens? Ayoze and Shelvey?

I’m also of this mindset. I think he has different qualities than the others we have, he’s more reliable though and works his bollocks off for the team.

I wouldn’t like to see Townsend back. He made his bed when he left. He saw Crystal Palace a better opportunity than being here. It would have been one season sacrifice for the greater good. We might have made 2 or 3 million on selling him but that’s because he asked to leave.

Oh was there a tournament on that year? Euros?

Still, he’s no more than a mercenary.

In November 2015 we robbed a result from Bournemouth which was one nil to us. They absolutely battered us but we won that day. Ritchie ran the show  and tore all our senior players a new one with application and sheer determination but they did have a more balanced squad. When we signed him it made our effort 110% for sure every match and to me, if we bring in better players he will improve. I would keep him even if I signed a Kenedy or Townsend. He still has lots to give.

He certainly adds a lot of intangible qualities, but the biggest issue for me is the risk of exposing Yedlin due to a right winger who doesn’t work as hard. I think Yedlin might struggle under increased pressure down that flank.

In November 2015 we robbed a result from Bournemouth which was one nil to us. They absolutely battered us but we won that day. Ritchie ran the show  and tore all our senior players a new one with application and sheer determination but they did have a more balanced squad. When we signed him it made our effort 110% for sure every match and to me, if we bring in better players he will improve. I would keep him even if I signed a Kenedy or Townsend. He still has lots to give.

In an ideal world yes but is he going to be happy with 15-20 starts at this stage of his career?

In an ideal world yes but is he going to be happy with 15-20 starts at this stage of his career?

He will be one of the first names on Rafa's team sheet due to his work rate a la Dirk Kuyt. He was playing when Kenedy was here and I dont think we will be paying £30m for Townsend.