Matt Ritchie

Fenham Mag

Will certainly be sad to see him go. The guy has been synonyous with my personal rejuvination of supporting the club. A consummate professional and a really good player; certainly one of our best signings this century, imo. He's been worth every single penny.

:thup:

what would he be on with us roughly?

I’d guess at £3m. About £60k per week (calculated over a 52 week year). £50k PW would be £2.6m.

too lazy to work it out myself but stoke paying that is interesting like, presumably going down the tried and tested champo performers route that served villa so well :lol:

Huge signing for Stoke if true. There’s signing championship players like Villa, then there’s signing those who reside in the weird space of too good for the Championship but perhaps lacking one or two physical, mental or technical attributes to truly make the step up. Ritchie & Gayle for instance. That said Ritchie served us well last season when it mattered so fair play to him.

Huge signing for Stoke if true. There’s signing championship players like Villa, then there’s signing those who reside in the weird space of too good for the Championship but perhaps lacking one or two physical, mental or technical attributes to truly make the step up. Ritchie & Gayle for instance. That said Ritchie served us well last season when it mattered so fair play to him.

I agree, Gayle would be another one. Could have equally said served us well as Rafa nailed it that season.

I'm ok with it as Rafa's looking to kick on and seek upgrades on a few of our players, but despite Ritchie's limitations, he has epitomised the change in mood for many at the club; from the squad to the fans since Rafa's came in. I wish him absolutely nothing but the best if he goes. On the whole he's been brilliant for us.

I'm ok with it as Rafa's looking to kick on and seek upgrades on a few of our players, but despite Ritchie's limitations, he has epitomised the change in mood for many at the club; from the squad to the fans since Rafa's came in. I wish him absolutely nothing but the best if he goes. On the whole he's been brilliant for us.

His attitude has been fantastic. I trust Rafa to replace with a player that can take us on though and also retain that character. Ruthless and sometimes needed as long as there is a plan which with Rafa there will be

Not sure why he wants to go.

giphy.gif

Not in a negative way. Just they'll pay him more than he's ever been paid before.

Extremely understandable from his pov. He'll get a last big payday and he'll know Rafa is looking to punt him anyways so why stay?

Such a grafter for a winger. Was easily one of the best signings we made for the championship. And equally in the premiership had good spells and bad ones like many but scored some vital goals Man Utd at home.

Good lad will miss him and his passion and effort.