Grant Hanley

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest chopey

I said it on Friday, I don't think we looked to bad defending in open play with our only real weak link been Dummett on a couple of occasions

Jury's out, or should be, I've seen all his minutes so far and I've not seen anything inspiring. Seems overly tentative and has struggled to control balls that didn't look too challenging. I expect he'll settle, and show more. You don't get to be an International captain without having quality, being a steadying influence, and a leader. (Cue Scotland  jokes...).

Depends how you judge it, Lascelles did lose his man for the goal but Hanley messed up a number of clearances that he was lucky to get away with. Not writing him off but I think he looks crap so far.

Lascelles lost him at another stage as well which should have been another goal. Of course that's more important than a few bad clearances [emoji38]

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

w*****.  :shifty:

“It has been frustrating at times.

“I haven’t played as much as I’d like to.

“But having said that, it’s been because the team has been doing so well.

“There’s not an awful lot you can grumble about you just need to keep your head down.”

Disappointing he's gone whinging to the press.

He hardly has. He has been submitted by the club for interviews with local media, said he can't complain about being left out.

Chronicle have just run a bad spin on it and stick an awkward photo of Lee Ryder onto it.

To clarify we've heard nothing out of the club, to my memory, of anything like (fringe players whinging) that to my amazement. While it's undoubtably true it's best kept in house. Even more so given he's shite and will play tomorrow.