Have we enough goal power to win the Championship?

buzza

I am enjoying Rafa put his stamp on NUFC and the fact that he is getting his signings wrapped up early, also liking the fact that my interest levels are at there highest for a couple of years now... but one thing that is worrying me is the distinct lack of goals we have up front.

I wonder whether Gayle, Mitro and Ayoze have enough goals in them to get us into a dominating position. I like them all but not one seems to be a twenty goal striker, which is what I think is needed to guarantee our promotion. Would also like a striker to cement their position and stay there for our return to the prem.

Your thoughts...

I doubt we have, we need one more Striker imo

More games to play,injury and suspension, with only three, and I don't class Ayoze as a striker, and Mitrovic we still need to see a bit more.

If De Jong could actually stay fit and get a good run of games he could be very useful.

Reckon we have enough Ayoze candy to level him up to a decent level, especially with Rafa's XP. Mitrovic has a type advantage over most Championship defenders and Gayle's CP is unparalleled in the division.

Yes.

I think, given enough time on the pitch, Gayle, Mitrovic and Perez are capable of scoring 20+ goals this season.  I have no worries in the striker department. Im actually a bit worried that the quality of competitiion is so good that we might halter the development of Mitrovic who I still believe could be a great player for us in the PL.

Yes, easily IMO. It's central midfield I'm the most worried about.

Basically.

I'm a lot more concerned that the supply line to the forwards won't be good enough atm, but there's enough time for that to change.

I don't see why what we have won't score enough should chances be created, easy to forget how easy it is to score in this division.

Compare our strikers in the shape of Perez, Mitrovic, Gayle, Armstrong, Riviere and Toney (not to mention others who can play there like De Jong and Gouffran) with any other team in the league and I'd say we're well stocked.

Our forwards are good enough, I'm still concerned about our central midfield. If Tiote stays we'll have a ball winner but we'll need somebody who can open up teams, hopefully we can bring in a creative midfielder with a bit of pace who can run at defenders and pick out a pass.