Mo Diamé to be released

BeloEmre

He's a bit like Sissoko at times running with the ball and losing it but he's much more involved that Sissoko ever was and he doesn't hide from the ball and never gives up, I like him a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

He did well in the games leading up to the African Nations but I thought he was terrible on Saturday and he's been pretty poor in nearly every game since he came back from Africa. He's very frustrating.

In other news, he's retired from internationals so won't be traveling to Africa again for matches

Guest ElCid

Apart from the odd game he has not been very good full stop and especially in the number 10 role. Would like to see him given a go in the midfield role to replace the knacker pretending to be a professional footballer at least until Hayden comes back but that's not going to happen. He is not a number 10 though and never will be in a month of Sundays.

He's a weird player. Some of the stuff he tries is really inventive and you can see why Rafa would want that with him playing off a striker, but at other times he just turns right into the opposition and loses the ball far too easily. I've not seen him much in midfield, but it's difficult to believe he wouldn't be better suited to that role with his build and athleticism. Surely he could replace a shuffling windbag like Colback?

I think Diame sort of epitomises most of our squad players: none of them have really stood up and really pushed to make a name for themselves here. A lot of players have had the chance after good cameos but then failed to really make a difference when a run of first team games has come around.

I've also got a weird Santon/Haidara type situation going with Perez and Diame in that whoever is playing I seem to prefer the other. I really hope one of them steps up in the last 10 games.

He looked an absolute beast that time he dropped back into central midfield. Would happily see him played there instead of Colback for these next 2 home games with Murphy partnering Gayle up top. Not happening like but i'd love to see Rafa try it. He's a waste of a shirt playing just off the striker.

Guest firetotheworks

I still like him tbh. :lol: I'd have him in ahead of Perez 9 times out of 10 if Rafa's going to insist on not having him play in the deeper role alongside Shelvey.

How can you say his legs have gone ffs? It's the only part of his game that is an actual asset to our squad - his physicality and pace.. He charges around like a mad man most of the time. Obviously lacks composure and creativity on the ball but in terms of work rate and fitness, he's on par with Ritchie and Gayle.

How can you say his legs have gone ffs? It's the only part of his game that is an actual asset to our squad - his physicality and pace.. He charges around like a mad man most of the time. Obviously lacks composure and creativity on the ball but in terms of work rate and fitness, he's on par with Ritchie and Gayle.

I find it very difficult to imagine you've seen him play much this season. That is king-sized tripe.

Physically he unfortunately just isn't the same player he was at West Ham. Not even close.