Mo Diamé to be released

BeloEmre

He's the same type. Great athlete for his size, though not as quick or explosive as Moussa. Makes direct runs forward with the ball, similar to Moussa, but not in the same dynamic fashion let's say. However, he is better technically IMO, better shot and general control of what he is doing. I like the signing if it comes off.

Could we play Diame and Shelvey together? Do we really need a dedicated holding player?

Don't think we could get away with those two as a midfield pair.

I would love to see Hayden holding, with those two then ahead of him with license to be more forward minded.

Could we play Diame and Shelvey together? Do we really need a dedicated holding player?

In the championship probably not.  We're going to be the big fish here so it's more likely the onus will be on us to break teams down who are sitting deep.  I hope we're also looking to bring in someone with a bit of creativity in the middle.

In the championship probably not.  We're going to be the big fish here so it's more likely the onus will be on us to break teams down who are sitting deep.  I hope we're also looking to bring in someone with a bit of creativity in the middle.

various people keep saying this but no-one really says what they mean or what type of player they are talking about, is a(nother) number 10 you're on about or a different type of CM?

various people keep saying this but no-one really says what they mean or what type of player they are talking about, is a(nother) number 10 you're on about or a different type of CM?

Different type of CM personally, although with this signing I doubt that happens now.

Someone with 15-20 for Flair, Vision, Anticipation, Technique and Passing.

Seriously, don't get too excited by this transfer. He's not that good and is about to have a second straight season in the Championship for that very reason.

He's better than Colback, Anita and Tiote, though. All that matters.

Does he play in the same position? I always assumed he was a midfield anchor man when he was playing for Allardyce, but now there are suggestions he's an attacking midfielder.

He's an AM who is really good at hide and seek but will score a screamer every 5/6 games.

Well Sissoko scored 1 every 38 games last season, so we're good.

??

We have a reasonable central pool.

Diame, Anita, Hayden, Shelvey, Saivet and Colback. 

Should be easily capable in the Championship and able to boss the midfield. Although, none other than Diame actually add anything offensive through the centre. Could count DeJong and possibly Ayoze and Saivet as attacking mids. 

Talking about Saivet. What the hell happened. I know Rafa went with premiership experience at the tail end of the season which may have dented his confidence/likewise settling in to the uk might be a problem. Hope he gets some chances and shows and achieves the promise and reputation he had when we bought him. Hopefully he is our squads sleeper that will actually wake up and find his feet.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3397687/Henri-Saivet-signs-Newcastle-4-5m-forward-Bordeaux.html

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/henri-saivet-scouting-report-football-7164243

Different type of CM personally, although with this signing I doubt that happens now.

such as?  genuine question mind, i'm really at a loss to understand what people want that's different from say diame, shelvey & hayden for example

will hughes or someone like that?

We have a reasonable central pool.

Diame, Anita, Hayden, Shelvey, Saivet and Colback. 

Should be easily capable in the Championship and able to boss the midfield. Although, none other than Diame actually add anything offensive through the centre. Could count DeJong and possibly Ayoze and Saivet as attacking mids. 

Talking about Saivet. What the hell happened. I know Rafa went with premiership experience at the tail end of the season which may have dented his confidence/likewise settling in to the uk might be a problem. Hope he gets some chances and shows and achieves the promise and reputation he had when we bought him. Hopefully he is our squads sleeper that will actually wake up and find his feet.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3397687/Henri-Saivet-signs-Newcastle-4-5m-forward-Bordeaux.html

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/henri-saivet-scouting-report-football-7164243

Saivet spent a lot of his career playing as a winger iirc so he might have something about him going forward.  Don't think we've seen enough of him to judge either way yet.

Guest firetotheworks

He's a CM.

Not according to Big Sam & Bruce.

I don't think that makes the point you think it does.

It does man, Chris Samba's a centre forward and Alex Bruce is a footballer.

such as?  genuine question mind, i'm really at a loss to understand what people want that's different from say diame, shelvey & hayden for example

will hughes or someone like that?

Hughes would be a class signing next and final would give us a good mix in Midfield really.

And they said Rafa wouldn't know this league, he seems to know exactly the type of player he needs to get out of it and understands balance