Ciaran Clark (now a free agent)

Foluwashola

Just a reminder lads that we're in the Championship. We're not going to go into the season with 4 Premiership quality centre halves :lol:

Maybe he's completely s**** I dunno, but any opinion of him comes exclusively as a Premiership footballer.

Not a big fan of either of the centre halves we've signed to be honest but it's reasonable (for the level we're competing at for at least a season) quality depth we haven't had in years, if Rafa sees something in these players, let's give them all the benefit of the doubt  :thup:

Guest firetotheworks

Also remember that Wes Morgan has just captained Leicester City to the Premiership title.

Should have been called up for England tbh.

Just a reminder lads that we're in the Championship. We're not going to go into the season with 4 Premiership quality centre halves :lol:

Maybe he's completely s**** I dunno, but any opinion of him comes exclusively as a Premiership footballer.

Not a big fan of either of the centre halves we've signed to be honest but it's reasonable (for the level we're competing at) quality depth we haven't had in years, if Rafa sees something in these players, let's give them all the benefit of the doubt  :thup: for at least a year

Aye. I mean I agree with people that Rafa's transfer record isn't perfect, but I trust him to have a quality functioning side come the start of the season, even if everyone is not a hit.

Not a big fan of either of the centre halves we've signed to be honest but it's reasonable (for the level we're competing at) quality depth we haven't had in years, if Rafa sees something in these players, let's give them all the benefit of the doubt  :thup: for at least a year

Aye. I mean I agree with people that Rafa's transfer record isn't perfect, but I trust him to have a quality functioning side come the start of the season, even if everyone is not a hit.

We're selling players who don't want to be here anymore for decent fees and using this dosh to actually build a squad that can withstand 50+ games. Regardless of the perceived quality of some individuals, there's method in any apparent madness  :thup:

Never fully got this Rafa has been poor in the market during his time at Liverpool. If anything over the last few years has shown us, Liverpool as a club are generally very hit and miss. Not too sure Rafa can be fully blamed for a lot of those transfers. Not that he hasn't signed the odd dud, but anybody who's been in the game as long as he has, will have done.

Never fully got this Rafa has been poor in the market during his time at Liverpool. If anything over the last few years has shown us, Liverpool as a club are generally very hit and miss. Not too sure Rafa can be fully blamed for a lot of those transfers. Not that he hasn't signed the odd dud, but anybody who's been in the game as long as he has, will have done.

http://liverpoolfc.wikia.com/wiki/Rafael_Benitez/Transfers

A lot of trash signings to be honest.

Baffling signing really, he has without doubt been one of the worst defenders in the PL for the last few years. Would personally rather have one of our youngsters gaining experience as 4th choice than Clark.

Being versatile is not really a plus when you're crap in each position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People are massively overreacting. Is he an inspiring signing? No. However, to win the championship we have to go from one of the smallest squads in English football to one of the biggest.

We've already made 5-6 signings, with another 4 mooted. They aren't all going to be 10-12m Premier league starting players. This is one of the reasons you dont want to get relegated. Your player pool gets dramatically reduced.

£5m for a player who can cover 3 positions, has shown potential in the past (he can't be too bad if he got an Ireland call up for the Euro's)and will be deployed in a league where Keogh is classed as one of the stand out CB's, under the managerment of defensive mastermind Rafa Benitez, I am sure he will be fine.

We have all been crying out for some depth for so long, lets not forget that.

A year ago I would have thrown my toys out of the pram if we were about to sign this guy, but a year on we are in the championship and managed by someone who has a clue, so think this could be a good move, we need the bodies if nothing else.

Why on earth have you done this?

I find it pretty amazing he even has a release clause.

Well this is fantastic :lol: who's your centre back pairing now then?

Okore and Elphick maybe?

I don't mind Clark as s personality- he isn't one of the toxic cunts I loathe most, he's just one of the dross players who have made far too many appearances for us

He's got the positional sense of a flat satnav.

Exceptionally good, just needs to be recharged (by an inspirational leader such as Rafa)?

Class

Villa fan mate of mine:

Overall a good, "old fashioned" centre half. Committed, loves a tackle, and will always give 100%. However, he does have a mistake in him. Look at Ireland at the euros! Enjoys an own goal or 2 and does make mistakes. BUT he can be very good on his day

Meh.

So he's a younger Saylor. Great.

Every decent side has a few grafters that can come I'm and do a job. The guy has experience, but potentially he could be playing in a better side than he's used to so we don't really know how he'll do.

He's done well for Ireland at times.. who highly over achieved given how limited they are.

Rafa will have seen something worth signing.. probably to challenge Dummett at LB.. definitely the right sort of character

Villa fan mate of mine:

Overall a good, "old fashioned" centre half. Committed, loves a tackle, and will always give 100%. However, he does have a mistake in him. Look at Ireland at the euros! Enjoys an own goal or 2 and does make mistakes. BUT he can be very good on his day

Meh.

So he's a younger Saylor. Great.

But without the constant injuries.