Ciaran Clark (now a free agent)

Foluwashola

In the glimpses I had of the game (Periscope) and radio commentary, I thought he did alright. Also having watched the penalty a few times now, it is nowhere near as bad a challenge as I was expecting from the dogs abuse he got on the match thread.

In the glimpses I had of the game (Periscope) and radio commentary, I thought he did alright. Also having watched the penalty a few times now, it is nowhere near as bad a challenge as I was expecting from the dogs abuse he got on the match thread.

Eh? It's his touch that gives it away and then he scissor tackles the attacker who's clearly won it ahead of him. Desperate, atrocious defending.

The way I look at it is he's at worst another Steven Taylor who stays fit and isn't a bellend. Still a good swap.

If he's Steven Taylor mk2 I'd rather he didn't stay fit.

Probably closer to being a Bramble Mk2 tbf. Taylor was a shit defender full stop, Bramble was good for 89 mins then would drop the gaffe which would cost us points in the other .

'I am TITUS, RAWR, none shall pass, NONE SHALL PA.... wow, that cloud looks like an elephant.  Oh, they've scored.'

Had a mare for the pen but thought he might have touched the ball in the tackle.

We deserved to concede for falling apart before half time again like.

Aye, I've only seen it once live and I thought he got the ball.

Judging by the rest of the comments, I think I am wrong!

Thought he nicked it on first viewing, but he was just a bit late:

http://i.imgur.com/AF6qJzng.jpg

Guest chopey

I can't believe the negative comments about this guy after one game, some people on here just follow the status quo and think what other people tell them rather than judge for themselves

By most accounts he did alright bar the penalty incident.

But then it may have been a brief incident but that's a real concern. One nil up home after shaky start to the season and he gives away our lead with a pointless lunge. Photo above is damning about where the opposition was going.

Plus we know this is the kind of thing he has a history of doing.

Damned if he does damned if he doesnt.  If he goes for the ball he gives away the pen.  If he doesn't then Reading score from open play. 

Not trying to stick the knife in more, as I haven't seen the game.  So it's a bit unfair to pass comment.  But I don't see how you've reached that conclusion?  He had an awful touch and then panicked trying to make amends.  Looking at that picture above, they're hardly nailed on to score from open play?  If he went and closed down, he has Mbemba next to him and every one else seems to be in a reasonably good position?  Would have to curl it right into the bottom corner, with nothing to aim at.  Or zing it across to the guy at the far post, for him to hit first time, before Dummett gets out there. 

Damned if he does damned if he doesnt.  If he goes for the ball he gives away the pen.  If he doesn't then Reading score from open play.

Disagree, their first touch took him away from goal, just had to stand his ground. No need for the stupid lunge.

I can't believe the negative comments about this guy after one game, some people on here just follow the status quo and think what other people tell them rather than judge for themselves

Really? Did you see the game? He was shit from start to finish.

Thought he was fine before the penalty, had a shaky time after half time and then settled again later in the 2nd. Looked pretty comfortable on the ball with both feet which I wasn't expecting

Incidentally,  apart from Dummett who rarely plays there, is he our first left footed centre back since Albert?

Bassong.

Did Distin ever play CB for us or just left back? If so, him as well.

Really? Did you see the game? He was s*** from start to finish.

He wasnt like.