Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lets not get too carried away, if Huddersfield win by 12 or more tonight we're off the top again.

:D 

That's also nearly as many as they've scored all season.

Things still looking rosy all across the board. Scoring loads, conceding few, and outpassing and outshooting opponents both home and away. A little dependent on Gayle for goals perhaps , but we've got the best manager in the league if we need a workaround there. Buying in January is also an option if something serious were to happen.

Our biggest win and best performance of the season was achieved without him in the side. Not belittling the job Gayle has done, but we are creating a lot of chances, I'm more concerned with an injury to Shelvey than Gayle though TBH.

Looked over a few threads, you would think they were in Villa's position rather than in 2nd place. I diodn't realise Neil was getting as much stick as it appears on there. One thing the mention is thy believe there problem is closing out games (I'm not sure how much real evidence there is of this, our game against them and Fulham is all I can think of, and in our game they were lucky to even be in the match let alone leading it in the closing stages). This is not a problem for us since Rafa came in, always been pretty confident that if we get a lead we'll  generally go on and win, the Villa game is the only one I can recall that that hasn't happened.

Guest Howaythetoon

Based on away performances/wins/points a solid 9.5

Home form and just as importantly performances though and its still a 7 all in.

We will either go up automatically or be in the play-offs. If we start breaking clear, I cannot see a Rafa team letting slip such a grip on things.

Is this "gulf in class" between the premiership and championship real or imagined? Given something of the dire standards shown by premiership teams i can't help but feel at least a third of championship teams would make a better fist of creating an entertaining game beyond focusing on 17th place or better. Recent years have shown that at least one of the promoted teams surprises.the premiership for whatever reason (not a rule of course)...but who would have considered Bournemouth a premiership team just 5 years ago?

Is this "gulf in class" between the premiership and championship real or imagined? Given something of the dire standards shown by premiership teams i can't help but feel at least a third of championship teams would make a better fist of creating an entertaining game beyond focusing on 17th place or better. Recent years have shown that at least one of the promoted teams surprises.the premiership for whatever reason (not a rule of course)...but who would have considered Bournemouth a premiership team just 5 years ago?

I think the gulf in class from the top 6ish sides to rest of the prem, is bigger than that of the lower prem and top half of the championship.

I think there is a bit of a gap of class, I think there are a lot of bog standard midfielders of the jack colback like in this league and slower centre backs. When you get to the premiership after a while in the premier league suddenly all your nippy wingers aren't getting as many yards on teams, your big guy up front isn't getting the ball at all and you can't control games at all.

Table is looking so much better after these last two games :aww: Up to first spot, with three points clear of third. Really just need to keep winning now, and I am confident that we will. Obviously we will slip up, but hopefully we stay at the top from now.

The way the season has gone is a good indicator of what level we need to maintain. We've had quite a few slip ups, really, and here we are sitting top. From here onwards you'd expect the slip ups to be less frequent especially at home and the string of good results to be a little bit longer.

No looking back hopefully.

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/southpark/images/3/38/Coon2Hindsight06.png/revision/latest?cb=20101028071111

Looking good at the moment, lets see what happens against Ipswich at home.  I have feeling Big Mick will want to stop the party and spoil the game.  From the first minute.

http://i3.ytimg.com/vi/RpwGu8yNTNI/hqdefault.jpg

Looking good at the moment, lets see what happens against Ipswich at home.  I have feeling Big Mick will want to stop the party and spoil the game.  From the first minute.

Should have tried earlier :lol: