Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Still a 10. Loads of time left this season to put things right, Gayle scoring twice at least shows we've got goals up front, it's at the other end points are being dropped.

EDIT:

We were 3-2 down when I wrote that. :lol:

Still 10, always have been. Beat Rotherham and go into the break in a lush position.

Aye, us being at the bottom club is a huge opportunity to consolidate that head of steam we've built, before Southgategate.

W7 D1 L1 since the dodgy opening would be brilliant form, really.

Even if we'd lost tonight I'd have still been fairly optimistic, but obviously a hell of a lot less sure. I'm not convinced we'll go up automatically, because there's still a couple of holes in the squad and we're prone to errors, but I do think we're the favourites for the title.

After 10 games 19 points, easy maths that's 1.9 points a game, which equates to 87.4 points for the season. That's been good enough in the past for 2nd spot but I think we need to target 90 points to be sure, especially this season where there are a few teams who could amass 90 plus.

The real positive is the fixture list, as other have eluded too. We've played 3 teams in the bottom half of the table Villa, QPR and Derby, the other 7 are in the top. All three of those  in the bottom half were expected to be much higher at the end. Going on a long winning run like we did after the 2 early losses would make it very hard for the other clubs now.

After 10 games 19 points, easy maths that's 1.9 points a game, which equates to 87.4 points for the season. That's been good enough in the past for 2nd spot but I think we need to target 90 points to be sure, especially this season where there are a few teams who could amass 90 plus.

The real positive is the fixture list, as other have eluded too. We've played 3 teams in the bottom half of the table Villa, QPR and Derby, the other 7 are in the top. All three of those  in the bottom half were expected to be much higher at the end. Going on a long winning run like we did after the 2 early losses would make it very hard for the other clubs now.

I think we'll get better though so should hit 100 points. We've played the better teams so far, and with Rafa you know he will get those costly mistakes in defence ironed out. Also I don't believe our finishing will be as bad again this season as it has been for the last couple of games.

I think we've played 7 of the current top 11 sides (excludes us) in our first 10 games. Many of these have been homes games but I'd have thought we've had a "tougher" set of fixtures than the other sides near the top. Saturday will be an interesting test.