Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Afar still shitting himself about Reading. O0

Edit: timing :lol:

I'll be shitting myself about anyone until it's mathematically certain, I honestly couldn't take another year in this division. People may say it's fun winning most weeks and visiting clubs they've not been to in a while and I get that, but really the referee tonight is a shining example of why this is such a second rate place to be in and one you want to avoid at all costs.

As for Reading, thought Huddersfield had hit a bit of a wall but tonight's result for them will help them, but it's still almost mission impossible for either them or Reading to catch Brighton or ourselves, the difference in GD makes it even tougher.

It's looked lie Brighton and us going up automatically practically all season and surely it'll finish that way, entirely in our own hands now, only a monumental collapse and a near perfect run of form from the chasing pack will stop it now.

Guest firetotheworks

With our goal difference, Huddersfield and Brighton can win every match and we'd still only need another 11 points  from 18 to be certain of it I think. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, I probably am.

With our goal difference, Huddersfield and Brighton can win every match and we'd still only need another 11 points  from 18 to be certain of it I think. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, I probably am.

Two posts above :lol:

250/1 on (or 1/250 for divs) with some bookies and we're still talking about it being in question. :lol:

I can't understand why people are still uptight about our position, it doesn't make the slightest bit of sense.

250/1 on (or 1/250 for divs) with some bookies and we're still talking about it being in question. :lol:

I can't understand why people are still uptight about our position, it doesn't make the slightest bit of sense.

:lol: it is a bit riddiculous but I think there is a slight worry with how we seemingly dominate most games but struggle to create many clear cut chances. I worry that getting held to a couple of draws and suddenly you're in the mix, especially with Wednesday and Leeds next.

We certainly aren't going to go on a 6 game losing run and Huddersfield also aren't going to win 7 in a row either, I reckon we could need as little as two wins to seal it in reality, still not too confident of winning it as champions but promotion is in the bag I feel.

Finally at a 9.

:lol: it is a bit riddiculous but I think there is a slight worry with how we seemingly dominate most games but struggle to create many clear cut chances. I worry that getting held to a couple of draws and suddenly you're in the mix, especially with Wednesday and Leeds next.

We win games when we have to and we've gone to Brighton, Huddersfield and Reading and came away with 7 points, we'll be fine.

Just had a look at the next 3 games for the top 3.

Newcastle          Brighton        Huddersfield

Shef Wed A        QPR A              Forest A

Leeds H            Wolves A          Preston H

Ipswich A          Wigan H          Derby A

Tbh, eventhough we have two seemingly tough games coming up, the other two teams also have games where potentially they could have problems too.

Brighton have QPR tomorrow. Could be tricky and Wolves away too for them. Huddersfield have Forest who have beaten both us and Brighton and fighting for their lives now. Preston and Derby will be games they must win to keep up with us but can't see them winning both.

Away games suit us is more than Brighton. I think they will drop points.

I'm not worried in the slightest about Huddersfield. I just want that game in hand gone.

Huddersfield can get 95 points if they win all their remaining games. Never going to happen, on current form (last 4 games) they're on track for around 86 points, I reckon. Whilst we, same criteria, should recoup another 10 or 11 (three wins one of two losses and one or two defeats) points at least. 95 or 96 points isn't as much as I had hoped for, but who cares if it is enough?

Brighton on track for about 95 also (won three of last four; one defeat).

Just noticed we are 27 points ahead of Norwich and Villa. Would have settled for that at the beginning of the season. I thought Norwich would be a real rival.

We've scored the most and conceded the least. Considering the scope of the task for the manager at the start of the season and missing out two best players for a large chunk of the season, it's been an excellent effort.

The Championship is shaping up to be really competitive next season, even teams like Sheff Utd and Bolton who look like coming up will make the league a lot more interesting. Thank christ we look like we're getting out of it.

Away games suit us is more than Brighton. I think they will drop points.

I'm not worried in the slightest about Huddersfield. I just want that game in hand gone.

IIRC the game in hand is in the final week of the season. So nowt to worry about really. It will be done and dusted before that game.

Seeing it through til the end?

Games remaining Top 3

Newcastle                        Brighton                Huddersfield

Sheffield wed (A)              Qpr (A)                  Nott'm Forest (A)

Leeds (H)                        Wolves (A)            Preston (H)

Ipswich (A)                      Wigan (H)              Derby (A)

Preston (H)                      Norwich (A)            Fulham (H)

Wolves (A)

Cardiff (A)                        Bristol City (H)        Birmingham (A)

Barnsley (H)                    Aston Villa (A)        Cardiff (H)