Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm probably at about 8.

The loss of Shelvey has been telling, and he's back in 2 more matches (one league match), so hopefully we can pick up on his return and bring in some reinforcements in the window. Thing is, whilst not playing brilliantly (we haven't all season), we are still dominating teams, but we need to be more ruthless and ensure we turn that domination into goals/wins.

I still think we'll go up automatically, however it would be disappointing to go up as runners-up, and we now need Brighton to have a bad spell. My bosses arrogance is hopefully gonna be his downfall... quote: "I cant see us losing another game this season"  :rolleyes:

Here's hoping Brighton start getting some injuries/loss of key players to see how they cope. But also, if refs could stop giving them penalties, that would also help!!

Get a couple of players with flair and pace that can beat their man and we will laugh.

We all know that - but its easier said than done and clubs will hold us to ransom.

Oh, I thought I was the first one to post this.

Get a couple of players with flair and pace that can beat their man and we will laugh.

We all know that - but its easier said than done and clubs will hold us to ransom.

Hatem on loan for the rest of the season with option to buy just seems to make far too much sense does it not?

Not sure why ppl seem to be getting so worked about the number of defeats we've had - the points total is all that matters. Completely irrelevant how those points come about.

Still think we'll go up - Brighton won't keep winning as they seem to be enjoying a great run of luck at the moment and arguably we've been incredibly unlucky in nearly all of our defeats. Very few of them were deserved defeats.

You can't say that Brighton have been lucky - they have deserved their results and are a team with a better mind-set and more experience of fighting to get out of this league than are Newcastle. We were only unlucky at Forest - the rest of the results were deserved because we cannot break down teams that park the bus and compete.

Yesterday was massively frustrating and there's a pattern emerging with some of these losses. But on another day we'd have walked this match. There was still passion and organisation and effort from the players. We've hit a rough patch as other team may too but points wise we have the same number as in 2010. There's loads of rooom for improvement and we all know the limitations of certain players. I'm still confident that we'll gain promotion with Shelvey back and hopefully a couple new signings. This is a long hard season in the championship and people are deluded if they think we should be walking it.

The overreaction to defeats is alarming at times I find. Not enough people taking defeat on the chin and look at the bigger picture.

9/10 - be perfectly happy going up in second

7.5 for me. I'm actually confident in our ability to get to the 90 points mark that would normally secure promotion (12 wins and 2 draws) but Leeds, Reading, Huddersfield just aren't dropping points at the moment and I could see us being pipped by one of them.

Brighton will walk away with the title.

7.5 for me. I'm actually confident in our ability to get to the 90 points mark that would normally secure promotion (12 wins and 2 draws) but Leeds, Reading, Huddersfield just aren't dropping points at the moment and I could see us being pipped by one of them.

Yeah same was said about Norwich not long ago. Not that I think Brighton will sink like a ship like Norwich, but still not sure by any means Imo, far from. I'm still fairly sure we will win it.

Yeah same was said about Norwich not long ago. Not that I think Brighton will sink like a ship like Norwich, but still not sure by any means Imo, far from.

:thup: too much shit being spoken about how good those around (and below!) us actually are

brighton will have a dip in form ffs, this is not them until May

We are having a wobble and BHA are having their turbo hot run of form.

It happens every season in the championship and all that matters is we are in the top two by the end of the season.

Yesterday was massively frustrating and there's a pattern emerging with some of these losses. But on another day we'd have walked this match. There was still passion and organisation and effort from the players. We've hit a rough patch as other team may too but points wise we have the same number as in 2010. There's loads of rooom for improvement and we all know the limitations of certain players. I'm still confident that we'll gain promotion with Shelvey back and hopefully a couple new signings. This is a long hard season in the championship and people are deluded if they think we should be walking it.

The overreaction to defeats is alarming at times I find. Not enough people taking defeat on the chin and look at the bigger picture.

You MIGHT be relieved about it - but HAPPY..? Not for me, I would be relieved if we go up automatically but not happy because I want NUFC to be WINNERS...only clubs with a winning mentality are successful.

Bill Shankly once said there were two clubs in Liverpool - Liverpool and L'Pool Reserves.. a joke but you can see what he meant.

Also, we cannot keep saying it was just 'one of those days'....we have had SEVEN of those days so far and 4 over the last month - you cannot blame people for being concerned.

You MIGHT be relieved about it - but HAPPY..? Not for me, I would be relieved if we go up automatically but not happy because I want NUFC to be WINNERS...only clubs with a winning mentality are successful.

Bill Shankly once said there were two clubs in Liverpool - Liverpool and L'Pool Reserves.. a joke but you can see what he meant.

Also, we cannot keep saying it was just 'one of those days'....we have had SEVEN of those days so far and 4 over the last month - you cannot blame people for being concerned.

People are entitled to be concerned. I'm concerned about the lack of creativity down the left, the ineffective partnership currently in midfield, our home form and our inability to draw games that we shouldn't lose. I just thing some people lose sight of where we've come from, how well by enlarge we've played so far this season and considering there's still half the season left.

I'd obviously like us to win this league  but I genuinely won't be bothered if we don't. We need to go up and then let Rafa kick us on. If that's second place then so be it.

We seem to be hitting a lot of woodwork at critical times and having men wrestled to the ground in the area going unnoticed at the moment, whereas Brighton seem to have had a few crucial penalties.

Will that change? Or is it just black and white eyes anyway?

Not sure why ppl seem to be getting so worked about the number of defeats we've had - the points total is all that matters. Completely irrelevant how those points come about.

Still think we'll go up - Brighton won't keep winning as they seem to be enjoying a great run of luck at the moment and arguably we've been incredibly unlucky in nearly all of our defeats. Very few of them were deserved defeats.

You can't say that Brighton have been lucky - they have deserved their results and are a team with a better mind-set and more experience of fighting to get out of this league than are Newcastle. We were only unlucky at Forest - the rest of the results were deserved because we cannot break down teams that park the bus and compete.

I watched the whole Birmingham vs brighton game and they deserved a point at best but got a last minute winner. They got lucky yesterday with Fulham missing a penalty - that's two that spring to mind and they've had a few other last minute winners. Most games we have lost, we've dominated possession and chances - so I'm fairly comfortable in saying we've been more unlucky than Brighton.

How much of Brighton have you watched this season just out of interest? Consensus from their own supporters seems to be that they were very fortunate yesterday and in the reverse fixture.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?346755-An-apology-to-Fulham

How much of Brighton have you watched this season just out of interest? Consensus from their own supporters seems to be that they were very fortunate yesterday and in the reverse fixture.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?346755-An-apology-to-Fulham

My boss is a Brighton fan, but not the best gauge of their supporters.... given he thinks they are playing "fluid, complete football" this season, and this was despite the fact they needed two penalties to beat Leeds.

He also claims they have had their 'blip' this season when they lost those 2 matches against us and Brentford.

Its a big ask, but to quote KK, "I will love it if we beat them.... LOVE IT!"

Hehe