Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Last night's win for Brighton doesn't really change anything in terms of promotion obviously, but you have to admire the way they seem to grind out these results. They rarely seem to win by a big margain but almost always just seem to do enough. If we want to win the title, think we are going to have to win down there, will be tough.

Down to a 5 after Leeds win. They are very likely to catch us.

Nnnnah now that we've opened up such a gap I don't think so. They won't beat us at SJP.

Reading are probably the biggest threat but for them to have a hope they need to beat us at their place and capitalize on any mishaps we have like Brighton away potentially.

I can't see anyone going on a long enough steak to catch us, I hope not away. Plus we'd need a steak of 4 or 5 games without a win for them to catch us too and surely we're not bad enough to let that happen. We'll see.

'they won't beat us at SJP'....did you say this about Wolves..? Or Huddersfield..? Or Sheff Weds..? Or Blackburn..? etc etc..

Would you put all of next year's earnings on Leeds not beating us at SJP...?

Down to a 5 after Leeds win. They are very likely to catch us.

Nnnnah now that we've opened up such a gap I don't think so. They won't beat us at SJP.

Reading are probably the biggest threat but for them to have a hope they need to beat us at their place and capitalize on any mishaps we have like Brighton away potentially.

I can't see anyone going on a long enough steak to catch us, I hope not away. Plus we'd need a steak of 4 or 5 games without a win for them to catch us too and surely we're not bad enough to let that happen. We'll see.

'they won't beat us at SJP'....did you say this about Wolves..? Or Huddersfield..? Or Sheff Weds..? Or Blackburn..? etc etc..

Would you put all of next year's earnings on Leeds not beating us at SJP...?

Only people who think that promotion isn't practically a lock are Newcastle fans who overly emotionally invested. We are massively odds on with every bookie going for a reason, chill out and you will realise that it's a non issue for a reason.

We only need to win 9 from 19 imo as cannot see any of chasing pack then getting 95 points

If we can't win 9 from 19 we don't deserve to be promoted

9 more wins gives us 85 points. 

We only need to win 9 from 19 imo as cannot see any of chasing pack then getting 95 points

95 points would mean 9 wins and 10 draws.

9 wins only gets us to 85 points if we lose the rest

Hate this way of thinking tbh. If we get promoted, then we will most likely have deserved to be promoted, whichever way that happens.